Salmon Season – 2010/2011

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 407 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

Back for another day..“>

yellowfin
    Participant

Good work, Kevo.

yellowfin
    Participant

As far as a channel went it was hanging more on the south side, hopefully it will be more definate after this nice fresh comes right and then bring on the salmon fishing :)
    Will keep the forum up to date to what i see go on down the mouth :)

yellowfin
    Participant

Sweet mate,will have a sniff around there myself late Jan..tightlines!!

yellowfin
    Participant

Holy Jesus, wont be fishing the waimac for a while, like 2000 cumecs!!!! and the macintosh is looking pretty vunerable as the torrent comes down, whole trees are like twigs, goes to show the immense force mother nature has, lapping ova in one point where they reapired it but its due to the rubbish, but nothing to major, hopefully all is good as i saw it at low tide :?

baitman
    Participant

The Rakaia peaked at 5735 cum they have just closed the bridge (water lapping over) house flooded by the over bridge. The river will still be rising at sh1 till about dark i think.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Thats a big flood, the Wairau peaked at 2706 cubics. Should wash a lot of broom out to sea.

Buller peaked at 10539 cubics

Clarence is only 12.3 cubics :?

So the Kaikoura mountains must have missed the rain.

yellowfin
    Participant

Bye bye Didymo,the rivers needed a good clean out and that will certainly of happened,I’m guessing we will get a second bite of the cherry with the early run salmon because most of them would’ve been pushed back out to sea I’d say!!

baitman
    Participant

10.5lb caught from the surf rakaia Sunday 2 Jan

mulletman
    Participant

good fish, well done :grin:

yellowfin
    Participant

waimak is still a wee bit dirty on receding tide but is crystal clear out past the last breaker at low tide and incoming, mite go down tomorrow morning and have a flick with the ticer in the surf as i mite pick up one in the clear water waiting( well hopefully i will) :D

yellowfin
    Participant

Nice fish,how dirty was the river?. Was at the mouth today(mak)will be fishable in 2 days or so.
    Where is the rakaia mouth? closer too the south or the north side? Cheers

baitman
    Participant

was on the south but I was up at coleridge yesterday it was in flood again still brown not gonna be fishing it for some time.

yellowfin
    Participant

Cheers,Two salmon lost at the mak mouth tuesday,I see that the rakaia run;n at 346 cum3 and dropping.
    Give it a few more days and hope for no more rain.All so have been told of salmon being caught at the Hurunui mouth,

baitman
    Participant

The main flow under the sh1 bridge is near the north bank for the first time in a long time. This will make access to it tricky but interesting.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 407 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.