Salmon Season – 2010/2011

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 407 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

Giday guys

I have read reports that salmon have been spotted at the Rakaia and the Rangitata mouths anything landed yet.

Cheers.

CK.

yellowfin
    Participant

Hi,have heard the same.Just letting you fellas know that the searun are a good size in the mak river.Cheers

yellowfin
    Participant

I have been trout fishing the lower rakaia and lagoon area extensively this last month or so and I haven’t seen a salmon caught yet.However I did see one rise in a pool not far up from the mouth 3 days ago so there must be the odd one poking around.

yellowfin
    Participant

Builder friend of mine,caught a salmon on friday last week nce wee 12lb raiaka river,so it begins.cheers

yellowfin
    Participant

Lost one today,guessed it at about 15lbs“>

brumoo
    Participant

Hi All Going to Raiaka to morrow so will see what happens

yellowfin
    Participant

Been fishing the rakaia the last few mornings, havn’t seen a thing nor had any body else. The river needs a good fresh to entise a few new fish in.

yellowfin
    Participant

Fished rakaia on sunday,saw some good fish go threw the mouth.searun still about too.

yellowfin
    Participant

Saw a nice Salmon landed earlier at the mouth of the waimak and theres HEAPS!!!!! of kawahai round to, caught 2 round 5lb :D

yellowfin
    Participant

was down the waimak mouth again from 2-8.30pm, saw a salmon landed on the south side about 10-12lb and again a few kawahai at low tide

yellowfin
    Participant

This is a fishing forum, not a high fashion forum!

Lost a small salmon today in the middle reaches of the rakaia. Saw about 5

yellowfin
    Participant

Huntz n fishes,what side of the mak is fishing well this year?

yellowfin
    Participant

Hi Kevo,
    Its pretty even with salmon at the moment on both sides but maybe the North may have one or two salmon over the south. The majority of Kawahai are on the North Side

Cheers :grin:

yellowfin
    Participant

Cheers mate,is there a defined channel at the mo?

yellowfin
    Participant

I know this is a salmon forum but thought I’d post a pic of this 9lb sea run that snaffled my zeddie 15kms up from the Rakaia mouth last week!!..almost as good as a Salmon,but not quite!!“>

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 407 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.