Salmon Season – 2010/2011

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 407 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Yep water looking good ………. You may have trouble accessing Macintoshes hole at moement aswell noticed they had the digger and trucks down there today,the river bank must of substained abit of damage again from the latest earthquake ….

yellowfin
    Participant

Going to park at pines and walk to the mouth from there today..i think it should be ok as i only seen a sign up at the entrance to kairaki

Participant

Just got update report from the Waimakariri District Council…. Does not mention anything concerning contamination of the waterways out here now ie… Waimak.Kaiapoi rivers …. so happy fishing i guess….

yellowfin
    Participant

hi has anyone ever fished for salmon over the coast im heading overthere tonight for a week or so in search of a salmon

yellowfin
    Participant

Hi does anyone know if much has been caught at the mouth of the Waimak or has most salmon been taken at the McIntosh’s?

Also is more productive fishing the change of light in the morning or the incoming tide?

yellowfin
    Participant

Quiet at the mouth,1 a tide it seems..best on the out going tide,time of day not as important as fishing the correct tidal phase but i guess a morning tide would be better!!

Participant

[/URL]

13lb waimak salmon

yellowfin
    Participant

Nice fish justfishing,where did you catch it?…a 10lber I caught this morning “>

Participant

Same bac to you kevo nice fish did you catch it on one of your revamped lures in pic ? if so nice one ! My fish caught down mackys m8 hey was there many caught down the mouth this morning ? went down there the other arvo mouths looking aheap better now for salmon aye i was tempted to poke my nose down there myself this morning, but chose mackys instead 6 caught down there this morning…..

yellowfin
    Participant

Cheers mate,3-4 per tide this last 2 days, prior to that 1-2,yeah nailed it on the spinner in the pic..at least I can have confidence in the fact that they work,perhaps no better than any other but it means I don’t have to buy new silver ones for a while!!

yellowfin
    Participant

Yip,mouth is lookin way better with the deep water on the north side now!!

yellowfin
    Participant

I didn’t see any caught this morning (Wednesday) at the Waimakariri River mouth. Water looks good though!

yellowfin
    Participant

Yeah nothing caught at the mouth this morning,not even a kahawai…seen you though Allen which is a first..should have been there the previous 2-3 days lol :grin:

yellowfin
    Participant

I knew it. As soon as I go there the salmon all disappear! :D

yellowfin
    Participant

hey guys does anyone one no if theres a hole outside the kaiapoi mouth yet

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 407 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.