Salmon Season 2009/2010

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 140 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

Hi Kevo,

If you fish with a 42 g ticer, what strength line should you use? I am currently using 15. lbs. Don’t wanna lose a big one, hey!?
    Cheers!

yellowfin
    Participant

15-20lb is all good mate,yesterday I was fishing with 10lb and using a 28g ticer..I caught 4 kahawai but no salmon!

gunnercoops
    Participant

kevo85

yellowfin
    Participant

Only drag it along the bottom at the mouth mate if you want to catch flounders and star gazers lol

rdeejay
    Participant

bugger i need to get my a into g and to get out and have spin for some salmon, but i busted up with the missus and she took the car…frackn long walk to the waimak..lol

gunnercoops
    Participant

Spent a good few hours at Waimak mouth in Sat , bloke next to me got a 2.2 kg salmon, on a black and green ticer..a smaller one though, but that was all I saw caught…40-50 folk were down there.

yellowfin
    Participant

Yip it’s been slow down there so far,was talking to a chap on Saturday and he said that the banana hole had produced the previous weekend!!! he nailed a 19 lber with 4 others taken! I’m off to the rakaia tomorrow as the tides are getting late at the mak mouth which normally means the easterly will be getting up..and I hate that easterly!!

mulletman
    Participant

we caught 2 good sized salmon at the groyens

yellowfin
    Participant

Nice job mate,what size did they put in this year??

rdeejay
    Participant

Yeah well done mulletboy well you must be about a boy to be able to fish the groynes as it’s a junior area

yellowfin
    Participant

12lb Waimak salmon taken on the 14 march 2010

yellowfin
    Participant

Has anyone heard if fish have been taken up at Woodstock lately?

yellowfin
    Participant

This pic is taken on the Sth side , right?

yellowfin
    Participant

Yip it was taken on the sth side,however 2 were caught on the sth side and 5 on the nth!! yesterday 4 nth and 2 sth,but you have to take in to consideration the angling effort put in as the sth has a fraction of the fishermen the nth has!! this fish was taken on 10lb line and a small spinner as the water is very clear at the mo…fish light you’ll be right!!

yellowfin
    Participant

As for woodstock I have heard nil..but I know a run of fish went through on or about christmas day as a mate nailed one well up by darfield and said he seen plenty 3 days in a row!! another guy said he lost one on christmas day at the mouth and he was the only one fishing!!! so I think we may have missed a few waimak fish…

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 140 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.