Salmon Season 2009/2010

Posted By yellowfin On With 0 Comments

This topic contains 139 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  yellowfin 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 140 total)
  • Author

yellowfin
    Participant

20lber from the rakaia.. Jan 26th

yellowfin
    Participant

10lber from the Waimak mouth.. feb 26

yellowfin
    Participant

Waimakariri limit bag..11 and 13lbs caught on 01/03/10

fisho
    Participant

Hey Kevo, Nice fish and well done on the bag limit!! Was there many fish caught at the mouth this morning?

yellowfin
    Participant

I seen 7 all up mate,so not heaps,and they were all taken on the sth side!

yellowfin
    Participant

Second time unlucky for this rakaia salmon.A 28g zeddie was already in it’s mouth before it snaffled my 16g

yellowfin
    Participant

hahahahah classic

HIPP
    Participant

Thanks for the photos and info, gives us some hope:) Well done. Cheers Hipp

yellowfin
    Participant

Dad with a 13.5lber from the Waimak..caught on the 3rd of March 2010

yellowfin
    Participant

I am a newby to NZ and this forum. My wish is to hold one of these beauties in my hands for the first time. I am mostly fishing at the McIntosh rocks but it seems that the river is too big and all the fish are on holiday. Can somebody be of any assistance. I must congratulate Kevo and his Dad on their catches. Are you guys just fishing for a living? It seems as you are the only guys catching some nice specimens….I hope to post a pic on here soon….Cheers guys and good luck!!! :grin:

yellowfin
    Participant

Where are you from firehawk?..I don’t have much time for macintoshs mate,much prefer the mouth, but thats only my opinion.It’s March now so the waimak should fire over the next month,if I were you I’d buy myself some 42g green and black ticers and head to the sth side of the mouth for the next 4 weeks…get yourself there an hour or so after high tide and fish until low.If you find me there come say hello mate!

gunnercoops
    Participant

with those ticers do you drag them along the bottom like zeds or pull them through at a range of heights and speeds?

yellowfin
    Participant

There was a nice salmon caught at the Pier on Saturday. Guy decided to just pull it up and lost it about half way even though I told him to gaff it with a crab catcher or something. He didn’t play it or anything just wound it in drag locked up and pulled it up lol

yellowfin
    Participant

kevo85

yellowfin
    Participant

Hi gunnercoops,if you are fishing up river use the zeddie mate where it is important to be fishing the bottom,however if fishing at the mak mouth you don’t want to be on the bottom as its sandy there and salmon detest sand,so its important to be fishing in mid water! Guys use zeddies and ticers at the mouth and they both work,but I have faith in the green ticer as it has worked for me and my mates over the years.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 140 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Members