Salmon Season 2009/2010

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 140 total)
  • Author
    Fishy Bishy
    Participant

You appear to be having a great season there Kev, well done!
    The last report I got was through my 81 year old Dad, who said there was nothing happening at the Mak.
    LOL!
    His informant is obviously not on the money….. :wink:
    I have always said (words I learned from my Dad funnily enough…) you won’t catch anything if your line isn’t wet and numbers of fish caught ARE a relative thing.
    The more people fishing generally WILL catch more fish.

yellowfin
    Participant

A good day at the mouth today,best of the season so far with 15-20 taken in total with 9 on the sth side.One lucky chap hooked 3 before going home with a limit bag!! nothing large but who cares,a salmon is a salmon in my eyes.

yellowfin
    Participant

Hae every body, thought i would join as im a keen young hunter and fisherman,

spent a couple hours at the waimak mouth earlier and landed my first salmon ever!!!! pretty chuffed, good size to 15.5 pounds, :) 5 minutes after i landed mine the joker beside landed a slightly smaller salmon. both were caught as the tide slackened off, had to go home as my abu 7000 packed a sad :(

yellowfin
    Participant

Well done huntz n fishes,you must be rapt..i take it you were on the nth side then mate?..it’s good to see some good numbers at last,and your fish is one of the better ones being caught at the mo.

yellowfin
    Participant

Another good day at the mak..20+ taken today

fisho
    Participant

Yea most taken on the South side again… One guy on the North side had a limit bag in ten mins and was on his way home before 8am. First one was 8-9lbs and 2nd fish was 14-15lbs. They were the only two fish hooked on the north side till the tide droped away quite abit. Good to see the fish turning up now.

Any fish for yourself Kevo?

yellowfin
    Participant

No mate..i’ve missed out both of these last 2 days,but thats the way it goes out there isn’t it?..it’s good to see some of the other anglers who have put in the time start to reap their reward!!..but that won’t stop me going out in the morning though! will you be out?

Fishy Bishy
    Participant

Got a pic from Keith Chin today Kev, did he get another one today? Size?? He is usually on the Sth side.

yellowfin
    Participant

Yip he sure did mate,plus a kahawai I think,so he had a good day!

yellowfin
    Participant

I didn’t get a good look at his fish to determine the size,but it was a nice one of perhaps 12lb!! but not really sure about that…

gconnell
    Participant

12lber From the waimak mouth, 16/03/10

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/3225/dsc01355p.jpg

gconnell
    Participant

Sorry will try to fix

yellowfin
    Participant

That was a nice fish Henry..didn’t realise it was that size,good stuff mate! are you out tomoro?

gconnell
    Participant

i might be but just for the morning if i am

yellowfin
    Participant

hae guys here is the pic of my first salmon, caught 15/03/2010 at 6pm at the waimak mouth 15.5 pound
    :grin: yea mate it was on the north side Kevo85

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/6436/1 … weepic.jpg

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 140 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.