Latest Catches

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 1,211 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

I am planning on going fishing maybe this weekend or next. If the fishing is good in Timaru

yellowfin
    Participant

Didnt catch any doggies in Timaru, or any mullet, only Red Cod. Mostly just used trevally (sp?). Dont go to Pier then atm only really doggies about. Zac you not going to Kaikoura surfcast met?

yellowfin
    Participant

HEAD

yellowfin
    Participant

Shark_Tale

yellowfin
    Participant

I caught the red cod in that photo on some squid and fairly small hooks, I striked that one. Was the biggest cod of the evening.

But yes, Trevally seemed to work the best that night. I got bites when we first arrived and put my line in the water.

Cheers
    Aaron

yellowfin
    Participant

ive found there to be very few

yellowfin
    Participant

7 cod in a couple of hours is pretty good. Where were you fishing in the Timaru harbour? I found there were signs everywhere saying you can’t

yellowfin
    Participant

id say give it a few more weeks

yellowfin
    Participant

I hope they do start to show up. I havn’t been fishing in months now. I will probably go up to the Pier on 8th September depending on the weather and if there are any fish around worth catching

yellowfin
    Participant

yeaim thinking of going somewhere on saturday and maybe sunday but

yellowfin
    Participant

anyne heading out this weekend? last i saw the sea was ment to be fairly choppy in canterbury so

yellowfin
    Participant

I was going to head down to the Timaru wharf and try for some red cod. But if the weather isn’t to good

yellowfin
    Participant

i think the weather might be ok but jst rough seas i think

yellowfin
    Participant

went to the mak today all i saw caught was whitebait and mullet

yellowfin
    Participant

Went to the fords north of kaikoura yesty for a look.It was a beaut day weather wise,sunny,no wind,sea wasnt to bad was fairly calm just the odd big swell coming in and dumping real high on the beach,the sets would seem to come

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 1,211 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.