Latest Catches

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 1,211 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

just got back from fishing at the waimak mouth all that was caught while i was there

Marty
    Participant

Hey Head did you go out last night? If you did, did you catch much? I’m thinking about going for a fish tonight.

yellowfin
    Participant

ahhhh didnt

yellowfin
    Participant

I went down to the Wairau Bar this afternoon. Fished from around 2pm-5:30pm.

Caught 1 red cod, did not see any other fish caught. In the general area there must of been about 20-25 people fishing.

On the coast about 1km from the mouth I did a bit of surfcasting. After about 15 minutes a Seal turned up so attempted to feed it, but it was scared. Left the beach and returned to the bay.

Tried Berkley maggots and worms with no luck.

Marty
    Participant

Ha ha oh well. I’ve decided I’ll give the fishing a miss tonight, not feeling very well.

yellowfin
    Participant

yea i went to the pier today didnt get anything was goin to go in the mak again but it was

yellowfin
    Participant

Went to the pier on thursday, one got one doggie, 70cm in length (guessing). No one was really getting anything, I guess because its winter??

yellowfin
    Participant

nah not

yellowfin
    Participant

I

yellowfin
    Participant

what were u using for bait booger?

yellowfin
    Participant

Got the blue cod on a small strip of squid body, and the dogfish on anchovies (not that they’re picky). I wasn’t 100% sure what the cod was at the time as it was a greenish colour, or if it was a legal size, but it was hooked in an organ and was oozing yellow fluid so I decided to keep it.

After watching that Coastwatch program on TV I’m thinking it’s probably worthwhile taking a measuring tape and one of those free brochures you get from fishing shops that list legal sizes –

yellowfin
    Participant

exactly but its still way better safe than sorry aye

Marty
    Participant

Went to Birdlings last night and fished a few hours after dark with a couple friends. We caught a spiny dog every throw but no red cod (or blue cod) unfortunately.

yellowfin
    Participant

yea ive had that at amberley

yellowfin
    Participant

Fished at Timaru Wharf on Saturday night for a couple hours with Jones Jr. Caught 7 cod all up. All of and above legal size although we did put them all back. Noticed a seal swimming just meters off the wharf at one stage, so may have affected the fishing, im not sure.

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 1,211 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.