Latest Catches

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 1,211 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

HEAD

yellowfin
    Participant

Before buying FluroCarbon to spool your reel with. I suggest reading this comparison.

http://www.tackletour.com/reviewfluorocarbontest.html

and

Part 2

http://www.tackletour.com/reviewfluorocarbon2.html

[quote:29ju3jzq] Have we burst the fluorocarbon bubble? Perhaps so, perhaps not. What we have shown for certain is that fluorocarbon isn’t perfect, but then again, what fishing line, or product is? More importantly, we’ve shown not all fluorocarbon lines are created equal. Some, like the Seaguar Invisx actually have very good knot strength, but this same line has terrible stretch performance. Others, like Sunline Shooter FC is great against stretch, but faired poorly in our knot strength test. Our invisibility tests were inconclusive and the strain results were troubling. We say enough with the lab. It’s time to take these tests to the next level and experience both the good and the bad of fluorocarbon on the water to see what the true redeeming qualities of these individual products might be. Certainly, not all fluorocarbons are created equal, but we’re now prepared to go out and discover which versions, if any, are worth the expense.

yellowfin
    Participant

yea i think u mayb correct stern braid its yellow and its about

yellowfin
    Participant

HEAD

yellowfin
    Participant

would certianly be very expensive to spoll a real fully with flurocarbon

yellowfin
    Participant

Actually i just remembered that its not berkley big game flurocarbon its Berkley Vanish Flurocarbon.

yellowfin
    Participant

yea it said

yellowfin
    Participant

but there were only

yellowfin
    Participant

HEAD

yellowfin
    Participant

oh yup i might give that a try thanks for the advice

yellowfin
    Participant

It also does a good job cutting one skin.

Getting a pair of ‘braid scissors’ to cut it is also worthwhile. I know Berkley scissors are available for around $8.00, but it is possible to find the better Shimano ones for around $4.00

yellowfin
    Participant

lol yea it proberbly would i hear its a pain if u get it tangled

yellowfin
    Participant

Never gotten mine tangled.

Use a braid designed for casting like ‘fireline’ or ‘ rapala titanium’. Technically they are not braid because the line is ‘fused’ together but the characteristics and similar. I beilieve using the wrong type of braid can be a disater.

There is quite a bit of cheap Fireline on Trademe.

yellowfin
    Participant

have started a new

yellowfin
    Participant

Went out to Tumbledown Bay yesterday, arriving as it got light. I bit tricky to get to Boaz rock but managed to. Easlier when the tide is low and you can get there by crossing the rocks.

3 dog fish were caught by Jones Jr, pretty decent size 60-70cm. I only managed a couple crabs!You will lose a lot of gear here due to snags. I good spot I will definitly be hiting up again esp for sharks in summer.

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 1,211 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.