Latest Catches Spring/Summer 2010

Viewing 15 posts - 961 through 975 (of 1,031 total)
  • Author
    Birdlingsflat
    Participant

That was a wonderful informative update from flat sea heaven thanks Trev..still swelly out here had a cast tonight down near vics spot bloody westcoast type swell threw my breakaway-sinker back up the beach at my feet..should be better/flatter soon..experienced my first shudder at the beach-bike rolled around a tad on its springs..not a great feeling without single malt..would be better with! :grin:box of single malt to anyone who finds a buyer for this(it may take years) :grin:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing … =360387921

Hardy
    Participant

What do they call those things attached to house sales. Condicils or something.

Yours should include. New owner must be a thoroughly good bloke. Such as the current owner.
    Be able to organise ripper Fishing Contests.
    To Organise and arrange mighty prizes for said Contest.
    Offer free accomodation to all and a sundry.
    Do daily morning Sea Conditions.
    Welcome the Surf Casting Fraternity.
    Oh the list is endless.
    Must be shark friendly.
    Plant a Thresher, make a Seven Giller Puke.

The Hokinui Still on the tower above the hut is not included in the sale.

Cheers Trev

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

thanks fer the chuckle mate..seas down..maybe a throw out in the briney tonight..just heard selwyns crap is going into ellesmere..that means when the open that lake later this year it will all tumble out here..BUT ellesmere will be a good settling pond so all maybe ok..Ive just gone off flounder from ellesmere… :grin:

yellowfin
    Participant

There could be a big run of “browns” up the feeder streams of lake ellesmere and it will be easy to
    follow their paper trails upstream and hence keep a track of their progress.As we speak I am tying
    up some well hackled grogan dries.

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

aye socky..I imagine the grogan dries will have the loo brush finish round the eye of the hook..
    and mind these fecal flies will be catch’n the likes of phd specials from lincoln.. :P

Anonymous
    Inactive

just got back from kaikoura great time again :) 2 good size blue moki and about 20 decent size rass i think all off the wharf dam they love that cooked shrimp :) plus another good size seven giller dam i love that place

Anonymous
    Inactive

hows it looking at birdlings 2moro?many moki down near cliff?

yellowfin
    Participant

Went back down to Mainwarings last night, 3 hours using Gulp craps, awesome sea but not a single bite :(

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

not many moki down near the cliff this year..bad year so far…threw a line out last night i red cod.. :grin:

Anonymous
    Inactive

bummer what else can you catch down there???how is birdlings flat today??

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

plenty of rig around today..calm sea and the beach is looking good..the palm trees are waving in the cool slow breeze…

Anonymous
    Inactive

oh great whats the best bait for them? and where do you get it ?mate :) thanks heaps for info

Anonymous
    Inactive

are the rig everywhere?ill go straight out of carpark is that ok?

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

-mate they are down towards the right of the carpark..crabs or shrimp are best bait..or bayleys beach….down the spit..use this site and previous posts to find out more..Im off cheers

yellowfin
    Participant

goodluck birdlings

Viewing 15 posts - 961 through 975 (of 1,031 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.