Latest Catches Spring/Summer 2010

Viewing 15 posts - 826 through 840 (of 1,031 total)
  • Author
    mulletman
    Participant

where abouts in the river where you fishing/ how far up???

yellowfin
    Participant

wouldn matter as ive caught trout mullet fishing at the mouth and all the way up to near the salmon far and everywhere in between

Anonymous
    Inactive

mulletman

yellowfin
    Participant

oh yup another good spot is down stream a bit by footbridge by murphy park also the boat ramp by the swing bridge and the bmx track is also a good spot

mulletman
    Participant

would live baiting a mullet be worth it mayb???

yellowfin
    Participant

for a trout? have to be a fairly small mullet

fishforpot
    Participant

Live baiting a mullet worked a treat off the Avondale bridge last year …caught a fat trout that would have gone over 10lb …..bastard was stealing my mullet I was catching for bait ..

Anonymous
    Inactive

The fiery ginga

yellowfin
    Participant

if you caught a trout while mullet fishing as i said its bycatch you cant always control what you catch so best to release it

St_Paul
    Participant

would be interesting to see what happened if a ranger was there when you caught a trout. I’m not sure that bycatch would be a valid defense. There’s plenty of trout fishers who are mostly catch and release fishers. and tehy still need a licence.

anyone been up to kaikoura lately? am heading down there tomorrow will take the rods as usual.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Have just called Fish and Game and they told me I would not need a license as I’m not targetting the trout. As long as I release it, it’s all good. Just like fiery said.

yellowfin
    Participant

havnt been to kaikoura fo a few weeks heading up in a couple of weeks though hope to get something

fishforpot
    Participant

And if you spin for kahawai in the rivermouth , they claim your using “gear capable of taking acclimatised fish” ….no consistancy there ……

mulletman
    Participant

has anyone heard of the sailfish caught up north???

yellowfin
    Participant

yup

Viewing 15 posts - 826 through 840 (of 1,031 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.