Salmon Season – 2010/2011

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 407 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

Hopefully mate,I haven’t spied you down there this season??..not your cup of tea?

yellowfin
    Participant

well iv just had that much luck on the kaiapoi mouth and i no how to fish it (well i like to think i do )that i dont really see why moving but i might fish it after school a couple of times this week but i dont really no how to fish it wat to use where to go things like that but wouldnt mind learing

Participant

Cheers kevo just trying to keep up with you m8 lol …. Your lure colour combo seems to be working really well for you ..

gunnercoops
    Participant

went for an hour down to the banana hole…saw some splashing. Spoke to a few guys down there, nothing caught.

yellowfin
    Participant

Yeah they are working well..on a par with last season when I was using silver and green ticers..I think lure weight and retrieval speed are more important than the colour though..what do you think mate?

yellowfin
    Participant

I heard from 2 people today at the rocks that there were 30 caught at the mouth this morning and 15 at the rocks, is this true or what?

yellowfin
    Participant

i herd by a mate of mine that was down at mackies 13 fish he saw caught today

yellowfin
    Participant

Not true mate,I fished to dead low and there had been 5 taken at the mouth..unless there had been some miracle run after I departed?

yellowfin
    Participant

on the push round the kaiapoi mouth fish were taken point and oppisite the point so iv been told by a few chaps that got fish themselves

yellowfin
    Participant

Only 2 taken at the mouth this morning :sad:

yellowfin
    Participant

=[not good
    do u no about mackies

yellowfin
    Participant

A couple of chaps came down from Mackies,one said 0 had been taken the other said 1..sounds like a quiet day all round mate!!

Participant

Yeh mate lure weight and retrieval speed play a big part alright but i also feel colour plays a big part aswell, so many times have i seen say a white zeddie etc out fish a silver one and vice versa it is also a well known fact that salmon can see colour … But hey thats just my theory on it……

Around 20 fish caught down mackys yesterday most of them caught in the morning….

4 caught down there this morning most of them taken from the boats….. looks like the school went straight upriver….

Popped upriver in weekend and spoke to a couple of guys coming down in there kayak they said they had seen plenty of fish upriver, so many salmon up there that they were hitting them in there kayak….

yellowfin
    Participant

6 taken at the mouth today,a couple of big ones around the 20lb mark included and 2 of about 5-6lbs also!!

yellowfin
    Participant

only 4 from mackies from 8 till 4pm today

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 407 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.