Salmon Season – 2010/2011

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 407 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

oh i dont think it will screw the season the water might be a bit of but that wont stop me the mak and kaiapoi has always been polluted

yellowfin
    Participant

Rakaia comp has been cancelled…makes sense i guess!

yellowfin
    Participant

Hi guys,the seweage is normal,,going out by ocean pipe,,im in pines beach .I was told by the wamakariri district news letter

yellowfin
    Participant

good shit so we can all fish the mak

Participant

Yes demon it does say that in letter but it also warns a bit further down letter that you should treat the kaiapoi river etc as being contaminated, so puts a bit of a question mark over mackys aye (pass) …… anyway 1 smallish salmon caught down mouth today….

yellowfin
    Participant

Can the waimak mouth still be accessed?..may head out this avo,sitting around the house is doing my head in!!

yellowfin
    Participant

yea im heading into kaiapoi today to mums to have a shower as no water here

yellowfin
    Participant

Yes it does say that justfishing.So people need too make up there own minds on where they fish!and if you want too pass thats fine.

Participant

Wow what a mature response from you demon gezz..Great its just what the forum needed… lol Anyway how the hell can any fellow fisherman make up there own mind unless they are given the full facts ……..

Mouth access is good kevo see you down there……

yellowfin
    Participant

Mmmm,and you are going fishing after your reply,……..good luck justfishing,

yellowfin
    Participant

Just tried to access the mouth but there is a sign at the entrance to Kairaki stating that only residents and essential services are to proceed..wasn’t sure what to do so went home..bugger!!

yellowfin
    Participant

Hi guys,

I have a few question’s hopefully some of you guy’s may be able to answer these! I’m unsure of these due to the recent quake!

Does anybody know if the waimak is clear at the moment or is it filled with silt from the earthquake like the Heathcote and Avon is?

Also just confirming that access to the waimak mouth is restricted? Does that include the Mackintosh’s?

Cheers guys hopefully will hear from one you soon!

yellowfin
    Participant

Waimak is low and clear,access to Macintoshes is still good..access to mouth may be difficult but i suspect people will still drive through!!

yellowfin
    Participant

after the sept earthquke they wouldnt even let me through a fair few weeks after to even go to pine to try get some tuatua or crabs for bait, as for the mak it looked clean today but is ur own choice weather to risk it, the avon heathcote includig the estuary personally i wouldnt touch for a few weeks this includes fishing sumner southshore the pier etc thogh this isnt for salmon but just yea don know what else to say or explain it

yellowfin
    Participant

as you all no with the mak its always been polluted because of the kaiapo so i dont think it would make much differance

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 407 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.