Salmon Season – 2010/2011

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 407 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

About 3 but were wasting there time fishing the dirt.

On tues a mate went down rakaia 6 fishermen on the south side, 10 fish hooked and 5 landed. The SW was pushing blue sea in close but the river was high.

aretheyrunningyet
    Participant

Anyone going out tomorrow for a look ? Good to hear of fish at the Waimak, might start my early morning visits before work next week.

baitman
    Participant

I had a look at the rakaia last night I think it will be fishable by sunday. You could prob target trout today.

yellowfin
    Participant

7 salmon caught at mackies last night. A couple lost.

yellowfin
    Participant

What colour is the mak like at the mo?..it’s good to hear of a few fish getting caught at last!!

yellowfin
    Participant

Still holding a bit of colour but might be good later today.

yellowfin
    Participant

Let’s hope the forcast rain doesn’t eventuate on the coast today..planning on heading out to the mak mouth this avo does anybody know the conditions out there?

yellowfin
    Participant

went to the mak last night mate ..
    went upriver fist and saw nothing river will be a good colour today … still a bit greyish blue …
    went to the mouth later in the evening .. a guy caught one around low tide (11lb )
    and saw a huge dead salmon :(

Participant

Fished this morning yep water colour good nothing caught mackys while i was there & 2 caught at the mouth, 4caught at mackys on the rocks last night

yellowfin
    Participant

Sweet will head to the mouth this avo then!!

aretheyrunningyet
    Participant

Spent a couple of hours on the south side of the Mak mouth late this arvo, looks like the main flow is definately on the north side. Saw one guy land a fish and one being cleaned over the other side. Will check out the north side tomorrow morning before work. Earlier this week I fished the surf at the Orari, hooked and landed a couta after 5 mins. 5 mins later hooked a salmon of about 15lbs. I had it at my feet when the hook pulled, must have only been lip hooked I reckon. That morning there were about 15 hooked and only 8 or 9 landed, makes me wonder if the fish weren’t really taking the woblers that hard ??? Who knows really, just glad I wasn’t the lady next to me who lost two fish in 5 mins after not landing one this season.

yellowfin
    Participant

yeah … as we were driving out of the north side you could see the main channel is on the northside.(the whole south side is shallow)
    3 salmon landed while i was there.. kev got a really nice fish ;)
    went upriver also around 2pm and was told that there were 4 salmon caught in the whole we were fishing.. i only saw 1 of the 4

yellowfin
    Participant

Had my first trip to the Mak mouth this avo,a nice 15lber was my reward plus a big kahawai, so I’m a happy chappie for sure..seen 3 taken at the mouth ..on the way out I was met by warrior who had an 18lber..perhaps more, in his truck from Macs..word on the street was that 12 had been taken at Macs..can anybody confirm? “>“>[URL=http://img573.imageshack.us/i/005ni.jpg/][URL=http://img41.imageshack.us/i/005hqqt.jpg/]

yellowfin
    Participant

nice fish boys

yellowfin
    Participant

where did adrian get his mate ?
    such a nice fish !

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 407 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.