Salmon Season – 2010/2011

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 407 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

Never mind the fish..what about those legs!!..he caught his at Macintoshes mate!!

yellowfin
    Participant

haha kev i did notice that too and were going to comment but damn im a fisherman not really a fan of mens legs

Participant

Nice kevo…. 13 caught at Macintoshes up untill i left at 8.30 tonight ….. Two fellows got there bag limits today also…Looks like finally the fish are starting to turn up in reasonable numbers, Been 26 fish hooked & landed in last 3days down Macintoshes that i know off…….

yellowfin
    Participant

caught my first salmon of the season 2day, 18+ pounder 2day at macks.Hopefully these favourable conditions can stay for a couple of weeks

yellowfin
    Participant

Macintoshes seems to be fishing much better than the mouth,perhaps because it’s so wide down there at the mo!!

yellowfin
    Participant

Nothing taken at the mouth this morning,very windy and the water had become discoloured..didn’t look good at all,the rivers are on their way down AGAIN!!

Participant

Yep wind a bloody curse today but 5 caught down mackys this morning, 1 boat got his bag limit ……….

yellowfin
    Participant

Think Makintoshes should be fine, Kaiapoi was probably just a bit discolored from the rain overnight….nothing worse than getting up at 5 in the morning only to stay for 5 minutes because of the goddamn wind and rain!! Nevertheless, will try again tomorrow morning

yellowfin
    Participant

hey guys…
    do you think that it will be worth getting up tomoorw for a fish ?
    will it come down discoloured?
    i think it went just over 200 ?

yellowfin
    Participant

It didn’t come down dirty,just got home from the mouth and conditions were perfect however no salmon caught!!

the plug
    Participant

I flew over the waimak today on the way to Hokitika. I thought it looked dirty around Mt White. The river level at Esk is up according to the ecan site as well.

yellowfin
    Participant

the waimak is dirty up river at the moment should be dirty tomoz it was changing colour today up river when i left it was fishable but not great but i was up the at the willows

yellowfin
    Participant

It’s taking an age to come down..did you see any fish Tom?

yellowfin
    Participant

there were 3 other guys in the same hole they had been there all day nothing court but they said they saw a few that morning

yellowfin
    Participant

yea didnt look that dirty when i drove over it about half an hour ago

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 407 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.