Rod type?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 113 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

And Sold!

They arnt a bad rod just a soft in the tip and butt section for real distance work ( Good for the 100 g )
    I intend to use it as a bit of a beater rod and will take a inch or three off the tip to stiffen it a bit
    The posidon actully is a better rod imho its just not getting used enought as I perefer two peice rods over three .

yellowfin
    Participant

I didn’t see anything about it being designed for spinning reels.

yellowfin
    Participant

zac

Miliwolf
    Participant

Should be grateful I did not throw on a bid of $151 to prevent any buy nows from occurring. :P

I did that once and ended up owning something I did not really want :(

zac

yellowfin
    Participant

Its a fair price I will agree :D
    Good to get it for that price might have to stick the penn 535 that I paid $50 aussie for on it LOL

Miliwolf
    Participant

I have seen a few crazy low buy nows over the years. When I do I normally throw on a bid just to get the auction started and in the process earned the sellers quite a bit of extra money.

yellowfin
    Participant

The reel was in a big box of cheapy fixed spool reels with a ” prices as marked” sign on it the reel had no price on it so I asked the guy behind the counter .He said $50 I said Sold.
    The box still had the $299 price on it

Miliwolf
    Participant

I actually need a 6 or 8 piece OH rod to take tramping, one advantage of the OH reels is they are more compact so fits nicer in the bottom of a pack. Dunno if I would ever find one.

Would be used while tramping in fiordland or Stewart island. That combined with one of my fly rods would take up half of my pack :roll:

edit: a 2 or 4 piece shorter rod would be smarter….

yellowfin
    Participant

Ahve you had a look at Veals in the uk?
    Theres a few of the shimano travel rods made like that

Miliwolf
    Participant

The Veals “SureTravel” Beach rod does look promising. $210NZD before postage mmmmm

yellowfin
    Participant

Pretty sure I have read a uk mag that had a test on that rod… worked ok for them nothing extra special but it fitted into a suitcase !

Miliwolf
    Participant

This website seemed to like it

http://www.totalseamagazine.com/Reviews … rticle_10/

But I never truly trust a web review from a random site.

yellowfin
    Participant

Just get a cheap telescopic one.

Miliwolf
    Participant

They are nasty. A big Fiordland Moki would tear one to bits.

On the topic of nasty telescopic rods, a few years back I purchased a cheap okuma telescopic rod on Trademe… A few weeks back while down the sounds I broke one of my Kayak rods in half, so the next day I took the telescopic rod out…. It was rather soft to fish…… Then I hooked a couta, the front section or so was almost a C, I thought it was going to bend back in on itself. Most crazy rod I ever used.

Still managed to land the coutta.

yellowfin
    Participant

I’ve seen a lot of telescopic rods used generally by asians at the Pier. One I saw looked to be 19 or 20ft and was so thin the whole thing just bent over when under any load. I’m sure there’s some higher quality ones around though.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 113 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.