Rod type?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 113 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

Well I got my Solaris and Axeon today. First thing I noticed about the Solaris was how hard it was to join the sections together, and take them apart. I suppose it’ll get easier after a bit of use.

Also while I’m posting I thought I’d link to this site: http://1dayfishingsale.co.nz/

It’s a site run by discountfishingsupplies, where they have 2 different items on there for 24 hours at a really cheap price. Much the same as http://www.1-day.co.nz/. Items change at 8PM every night.

Miliwolf
    Participant

I have found 1dayfishingsale is not really worth watching. I have not found the deals are anything great and they often turn up on the main site sooner, later or at the same time. They seem to repeat the sale items often and more often then not they seem to forget to change them every 24hrs….

yellowfin
    Participant

Rub the rods sections lightly with a soft pencil makes it a lot easier to get together and apart .

Miliwolf
    Participant

I use wax on mine.

yellowfin
    Participant

Wax can make a tight fit harder as it make the area thicker .Its only a tiny bit but it can matter when your talking a tight sticky joint.

yellowfin
    Participant

Yea i had the same thing when i got mine, i got told just 2 very lightly rub the the bottem part with fine sand paper.

I usualy put a bit of wax on my trout rod just to make sure the pieces stay in firmly.

yellowfin
    Participant

If you were to do that I would be using the very finest grade of wet and dry and be very very very careful too much taken off and you could have troubles.

PierMaster
    Participant

hehe i cleaned out the last of the rebel sports daiwa eliminators that they had hehe

yellowfin
    Participant

I went into the Rebel sports in Invercargill over the Easter weekend to see if they had anything worth buying, but most their surf rods are low budget combos although I did see one Daiwa Eliminator there but it wasn’t on special. Went to a couple other sport shops to have a look but nothing really worth buying.

What size were the Eliminators you got? I was looking at getting the 9ft Eliminator rock model for just using off the Pier, but other than that I’ve only seen the 15 foot ones around.

yellowfin
    Participant

I’m now looking at a getting a freespool surf setup, but I’m not sure what rods would be suitable. I’m looking at the Daiwa slosh and the Abu 10000 for a reel, but for the rod I’m not sure. I’ve looked at the Kilwell 13’7 QTX and the Daiwa Emblem 13′. I’m not sure if either have a different model for overhead/spinning and I don’t see it mentioned on the Kilwells for sale on Trademe, and I can’t see anything on the Daiwa site: http://www.daiwa.co.nz/products/DAFOR1111. The Daiwa looks really nice, but it’s a pity they only have the 13′ model in NZ.

Edit: From a simple google search it appears that the Daiwa EM-ES1302HRS is actually a Spinning model.

St_Paul
    Participant

The daiwa sl20sh is a great wee reel, casts like a dream and has a great drag and plenty of grunt.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Kilwell Jelly tip Rocky 2?

Maybe a little short at 9ft….

yellowfin
    Participant

Looking for something at least 12ft, preferably 13ft+ . I think I might decide on the reel and get that first so I can test it out on my Solaris.

I was looking on a South African site, and it seems they have a lot of good rods over there designed for multiplier reels. The cheapest one seems to be the Poseidon ones listed here: http://www.fishingtackle.co.za/Articles … -Rods.html

I see on another forum Yeahnah has one of these?

There’s also some other good rods from Loomis and Franklin and a couple other brands, but I cannot find them anywhere in New Zealand apart from a couple old Trademe listings. Apparently there is a rod called the Shimano Exage, but again all I can find is an old Trademe listing. It’s a pity no where in NZ really stocks much of a range of different surf rods.

yellowfin
    Participant

Yip I have a Poseidon and its a great rod However its made for fishing and casting with the reel mounted low on the butt so you cast with your left hand holding the reel.

Killwell will set up pretty much any of there range for you as a freespool you just have to ask :grin:

yellowfin
    Participant

I do know of this rod for sale
    Assassin HMG medium. 3pc, fuji tirgger reel seat down, with a cloth bag and rod tube he wants 350 for it.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 113 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.