Rod type?

Viewing 8 posts - 106 through 113 (of 113 total)
  • Author
    elmo22
    Participant

ok thanks fishforpot

keenfisherman
    Participant

instead of starting a new theard i will just post post here. i’m looking to upgrade my surfcasting rod and reel to something like a penn powerstick, they look very good at a resonable price. But was reading an article on the fishing surfcasting page, and Allan was talking about 3 piece rods, that the top part flys off while casting. Just wondering if anyone has had this problem and whether I should get a 2 or 3 piece rod.
    thanks

burkefish
    Participant

haven’t had this problem with surf rods but personally wouldn’t use more than a 2 piece. have had that problem with my first river salmon rod after a couple of years, the feral became sloppy- very annoying- only use one piece now. had the same with graphite bodied reels,became sloppy. bailarms went first, then bearing housings from so much casting. went through 1 reel a year very annoying when paying $300 plus.only use alloy bodied reels now, last 3 seasons before needing refurbishing for another 3 years use. sorry to get off subject, needed to let that out.

yellowfin
    Participant

I wouldn’t worry about pieces flying off while casting. I’ve got several 3 piece rods and never had a problem. Had problems with one of my rods with the sections getting stuck together but this can be a problem with 2 piece rods as well if salt etc builds up on the joints. There is absolutely nothing wrong with modern 3 piece rods and they are easier to transport.

baitman
    Participant

Nothing worse than a sloppy feral. I was told once to rub a good amount of candle wax on the but (male) end of the rod problem fixed

Miliwolf
    Participant

Can not remember it happening while surf casting; have had the top sections of a few spinning rods go flying off while fishing.

yellowfin
    Participant

Some of you will know what im going to say, Bloody winter does it too me again, Thiss time a 14’6 abu surfline, think they are very very similar to the solaris and daiwa coastal, except my solaris is 13’6 got this for a lil more length whenfishing different beaches where a lil more can be hand yo keep line higher,

troutfishernz
    Participant

Anyone know much about the Daiwa Apollo rods? Ive got given a 12ft one the other day and just wondering if its any good?

Viewing 8 posts - 106 through 113 (of 113 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.