Rod type?

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 113 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

Hve just purchased another rod, an okuma axeon rod i didnt need another surf rod but bought it anyways will try compare it to my solaris and 222 will no doubt get rid of my slx this year as it very rarely gets used anymore along with my beastmaster which i cant even remember when i last used it

Miliwolf
    Participant

Always good have a few extra rods just for spares. The guides on the Axeon love to rust, so need extra attention at cleaning time…. or be like me and just let them rust.

yellowfin
    Participant

LOL yea could do though i find the slx just way to bendy for my liking and my beastmaster well i cant remember what it was like. it needs a new tip i know that much

Miliwolf
    Participant

I keep the base section of a TIca surf rod near my computer just for pushing and poking things which are out of reach… Also useful for re-spooling reels, meaning I do not have to go out to the shed to get a Rod… Plenty of uses for having extra rods laying about the place.

yellowfin
    Participant

lol get up u lazy man!!! i use the base section or a rod i have lying around for reespooling as the tip snapped

yellowfin
    Participant

Again i have purchased another new rod lol bloody winter does that to ya, just bought a penn slammer so will be interesting too see how it compares to my axeon and solaris, will end up putting my slx on trade me at some point

yellowfin
    Participant

Again I have got a new toy this time Kidwelly newest 222fxl only used it once so far so can’t really rate it. Seems like a nice rod just a softer tip than the 222 managed a rig on it last weekend so at least it works

Miliwolf
    Participant

How many rods is that now…..

Still only own 4 Surfcasters, and the base section of my Tica.

yellowfin
    Participant

Just re reading this thread . The 222 that I brought had two tips and one butt section before I gave up on it and killwells .

Been thrashing the soniks just fantastic rods.

elmo22
    Participant

has any one used or got a k lab surf rod i see that theres alot on trade me that are quite cheap but dont know if they are any good

yellowfin
    Participant

have also seen them too, dunno about them really ,never used one, i think zac has a lbg rod but dont know anyone with a surf

Miliwolf
    Participant

They do seem to have a okay reputation, but I suspect the cheap ones would be the typical Chinese produce E Glass rod. For the price of the Graphite rod I would probably just get a Solaris or similar.

yellowfin
    Participant

same

elmo22
    Participant

i have to replace about 5 guides in my old best rod approx 20 years old, its a old green rod called a surf master,nice and thick at the tip no chase of breaking it of when loading up with a 6oz sinker but by the time i buy the guide it will be cheaper to get a new rod..have been looking for cheap rods to take the guides of and put on my old rod will have to wait for some to come up :roll:

fishforpot
    Participant

Drop in and see Pete at Hornby Sports , he strips eyes off old rods and has a good supply of cheapies ….. he gave me the last 2 I needed ……

I bought a kevlar composite surf caster imported from South Africa a few years ago , and the guide sizes are bloody hard to find , I gotta go see him again …got 1 needs replacing

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 113 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.