Reels

Posted By yellowfin On With 0 Comments

This topic contains 91 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  yellowfin 11 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 92 total)
  • Author

Sevengillz
    Participant

Its a pity you cant give them a test drive…….um cast! :P

LeestonSurfcaster
    Participant

Too true but thats why we post here isn’t it? To share experieneces good and bad and maybe learn from the mistakes of those who went before us.

Anyway i went to Rebel sports this morning and found a TICA Scepter for $150 less 30% so $112.5 :)🙂

Sevengillz
    Participant

LeestonSurfcaster

yellowfin
    Participant

I would reccomend the Tica reels. I have the Tica dolphin, its the model up from the Scepter, and its great. I’m getting a Tica Cybernetic soon, and I may also get a Scepter for my other rod.

Sevengillz
    Participant

I have the Cybernetic GG100.So is that model somewhere between the Dolphin and the Scepter sort of thing or competely different alltogether?

yellowfin
    Participant

Dolphin and Sceptor are quite similer, but the Cybernetic is quite a bit different in terms of the design and capacity.

Sevengillz
    Participant

The Dolphin and Sceptors are surf reels?

yellowfin
    Participant

Yes, both have long cast spools.

yellowfin
    Participant

Here you can see they are a lot the same:

Dolphin

Sceptor

Sevengillz
    Participant

Oh yes nice looking reels too.A bit different than the GG100.You got to love those extra long handles and large knobs the Tica range carry.

yellowfin
    Participant

Hey all, just wondering if any of you guys use freespool reels for surfcasting? I have on occasion used my Daiwa SL30SH surfcasting & can get a lot more distance than with my

yellowfin
    Participant

Yeah theres a few freespool users around:D

yellowfin
    Participant

I have a 6500B too and they definatly are built to last i am going to use that when i need a shorter cast or dont need a longer one.Ie: at nigh or when lemons and moki come in closer to feed. My other rod and reel setup is an OKUMA axeon90 and predator i highly recomend it. The axeon can hold so much line as it has such a big spool I mainly use this for my longer casts (not that they really are ) :wink: and the predaor is great for gurnard with its sensitive tip.

yellowfin
    Participant

LeestonSurfcaster

LeestonSurfcaster
    Participant

I feel your pain. having a favourite reel break is like a death in the family especially when you have fond memories of all the fish you have caught with it over the years.

Unfortunately mine was a little more serious with the pinnion gear splitting :( :(

I have to say the Tica is a good solid replacement. It casts nice and the retrieve speed is great.
    The only bug i have found with to to date is getting the bail arm to trip. It’s like everything is so new and “tight” that if you don’t take a run up at it it jams. Sounds like a good excuse to go fishing more often to break it in.

Daren

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 92 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Members