Reels

Posted By yellowfin On With 0 Comments

This topic contains 91 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  yellowfin 11 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 92 total)
  • Author

St_Paul
    Participant

Mate of mine has one and had all sorts of issues with the handle, get the axeon its a lovely bit of kit!

yellowfin
    Participant

with these two reels bing sinilar in price now (depending where you looking) i was wondering that other peoples opinion is the axeon or the shimano ultregra 12000xta (reccomended by matt watson) which he said it the reel that he uses for surfcasting in the hunting fishing mag

Miliwolf
    Participant

The Ultegra was made for carp fishing.

When I was trying to decide which surf reel to getI ended up buying a Daiwa emblem pro and its perfect. Total cost was $280NZD a few months back.

yellowfin
    Participant

where as its still a long cast surf reel according to hunting and fishing i think thats about 249 and the axeonb i saw for 255 where as other places it still 290 + hav been looking at a few combos at hntuing and fishing the ultegra with a beastmaster for 399 the navi 8000xta with beastmaster for 299 a penn captiva and silverado for 199 or the okuma latityude and solaris for 349 99 am kinda fvouring towards the shimano set ups though

Miliwolf
    Participant

I have seen axeon for around $200 before.

From Discount fishing supplies you can get a Solaris rod + Axeon for $420

yellowfin
    Participant

cheapest ive seen the axeon for on a permanant price is 255 on trade me where as the complete angler still have it more expensive

yellowfin
    Participant

I will properly get some hate mail for this .AVOID okuma reels anti reverse issues drag knob issues just getting loose and sloppy issues I will NEVER buy another useless pos imho.
    The penn has a nickname of craptive worldwide

daiwas or shimano are the best of the bunch with tica not far off.

yellowfin
    Participant

thats what i was thinking shimano are from what i understand rather reliable as well.

Miliwolf
    Participant

I never had a problem with any Shimano reel and I own several.

yellowfin
    Participant

What I do with any reel I buy is to strip it down right from the start and make sure that the bearings and gears are packed with grease or oiled as needed.
    Remember most of these reels a production line items going past on a conveyor belt at 100kmh :lol: and as such may or may not get the amount of grease really needed.
    A small tube of good grease and oil plus some time and its easy to do .Take your time look at it before you take it apart ( take a lot of pics with a digital camera ) and lay things out as you remove them and anyone with a bit of mechanical skill can do it .

That way you know thats its been done right plus when it gets dunked/sandblasted or just due for its yearly service you can do it without waiting to get the guy at the shop to do it ( at the worst possible time when 30lb snapper are lining up waiting to be caught).

yellowfin
    Participant

although down here in chch we cant really worry bout the snapper lining up lol maybe the sharks and kingis

Miliwolf
    Participant

The fiery ginga

yellowfin
    Participant

yea more so the doggies lol

yellowfin
    Participant

If you’re after a cheap, quality reel, I can recommend the Tica range. The Tica Scepter, Dolphin, and Cybernetic are all really good reels, and all under $200.

Miliwolf
    Participant

The Tica surf rods are also not bad, dunno how long they are.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 92 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Members