2013 sping/summer surf catches.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 410 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

Windy out beameer… Good for casting
    I noted a few ele heads at mouth of opihi last night got 1kw and a couple mullet and on way out took a nice flounder on a berkley salmon egg.

shark slayer
    Participant

there is alot of water from lake ellesmere in there at the moment beameer..when it was blowing noreast at rakaia south the other day all the lake water was heading that way,the water was almost black..in a norwest it will head toward bayleys..who knows why they arnt feeding down this way..glad to know im not the only one blanking tho haha..you know what eles are like tho beameer you never know when it will start just got to keep trying

fishforpot
    Participant

A report from Dorie yesterday am , 3 Rig …

I’m going to wet a line for the first time this season tomorrow maybe …I usually dont start till November , but with the whitebait near non existant at the Mac I may as well start early

troutfishernz
    Participant

Fished Beach road near Timaru this afternoon, Managed a couple of big Red cod plus got bitten off by somthing. Some guys with a long line looked like they got a few Rig.

beameer
    Participant

made it out last night fished around charteris bay managed a cracking 10kg female and had a couple of other big thumping takes but dropped them,know what y’re saying s/slayer those days of no by-catch only target fish hardly time to turn yr back on the rods LOL they will turn up alright

fishforpot
    Participant

Report from Bayleys this am , 8 rig ….

My first fish this season will be tomorrow at Kaiks ….expecting a few KY and some dogs , maybe some lost gear to the 7G’s ..hoping the Gurnard will be there already but not too hopeful …

Duckman
    Participant

Went up to NapeNape with my 2 son’s, 5 kahawai and 2 carrots biggest carrot caught by my son was 3.7lb, my youngest son got hs first skate, i think NapeNape is shaping up to produce some good fish

shark slayer
    Participant

went to kaikoura for a sesion..lots of kahawai around some big specimens in the 3kg plus bracket,fun on light gear pain in the ass when your targeting salmon tho..got onto a school of cuda at the kowai evesytime our lures hit the water it was a cuda..got my bag limit of salmon yesterday and again today,3,5.7and 8.5lb..my mate got an 11lber yesterday after i let him have m x spot and lure haha twas a good weekend

fishforpot
    Participant

Seahunter got a salmon today along with 3 seagulls , at least 3 others taken where we were ….heaps of KY ….several skate , several red cod of good size , a carpet shark and plenty of spiney dogs …. no sign of carrots but there was so much feed in the water I doubt they were very hungry …..sprats and baby red cod is my guess …stuff was washing up on the beach thruout the day .

shark slayer
    Participant

forgot my fourth one was 6.5lb.what size was seahunters ffp?gonna be a good salmon and all round good fisiing season thip year..

yellowfin
    Participant

if i was to head up to kaikoura for a fish tomorrow any tips on where to start? had a go on saturday but with little luck. a couple of kahawai landed and a couple more lost.

yellowfin
    Participant

Hi guys, hoping to get out somewhere for a surfcast tomorrow. Are conditions at Birdlings Flat looking very good? Or anywhere else around Christchurch worth checking out? I haven’t been fishing for a few years and want to take my son (toddler so rocky locations are no good) out to show him the ropes/teach him some patience.

Any advice greatly appreciated!

fishforpot
    Participant

I saw 3 around the 4-6lb mark ….one around 12-15 ….hard to say from the distance we were at …seahunters was around 4-5lb ..
    All were taken around 9-10am ..Nth of Kaiks ….bird workups were insane all day …anywhere along the beach from town-Manamanu ……

shark slayer
    Participant

sorry mate wont get any tips or hints as to where they are from me i dont want to see it get to popular and thrashed and become the canals or the waimak..yuk!the typical spots like the kowai can work.i wouldnt bother tommorrow there is 35 knots of southwest coming thru wich will make it a waste of time for salmon.

yellowfin
    Participant

sweet as, not looking for peoples secret spots just as starting point for the motivation to put in $100 of fuel. lol. would have thought the sw would have been good, blowing straight at your back? especially north of the peninsular.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 410 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.