2012 surf catches Spring/summer

Viewing 15 posts - 616 through 630 (of 731 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

i had to tell you to calm down and take your time theres no rush, especially in big surf

yellowfin
    Participant

i too fished conway, (with Donald he came for a drive) managed 2 eles 3 rig 3 doggys and a schoolie which i gave to don

shark slayer
    Participant

was meant to go to kaikoura on friday night but due to technical difficulties i only made it to conway..fished claverly early sat..just a few schoolies released..fished the reef for moki..dont really like the spot..just wrasse and maori cheifs caught..fell asleep for a while then went to conway late around 12ish…by the looks of it i was fishing 300m north of gregg and donald…fishing was slow..nothing for a few hours then got a couple of schoolies around 10lb a few dogs all released..then i thought i need to catch something for tea..just after that i caught a sole haha..i was only after eles so was surprised at the bycatch..close to the change of light i expected the eles to come on..quickly cooked up the sole and just as i went to eat it the rod buckled over..quickly rushed to the ro and a short while later a male ele was landed..would of only been around 5lb so released it in a hurry..the bugger spiked me in the wrist wich hurt..it took a while but eventually it got back out thru the wash..quickly rebaite and ate the sole wich was cracker..then the rod buckled hard over and line poured out..but the rod holder pulled out and when i set the hook it pulle..FUCK! the eles went off the bite after that so all in all a shit day but oh well i had a chance..it was a good ele i lost aswell..i will be better prepare next time..i dint have my normal ele rig with me..here is some photos…

did you get your eles in the morning gregg??

yellowfin
    Participant

least you got some action ss! ive never caught a sole!
    whats birdlings like this alvo?

shark slayer
    Participant

looks good for moki ollie..churned to perfection..i am at the lake catching din dins..tet me know if you head out and i will com down for a fish/beer… :)

shark slayer
    Participant

one cast one fish..around 1.8-2lb..2nd cast my shimano sephia snapped…WTF…i cant catch a break atm..shimano gear is normally indestructable..

troutfishernz
    Participant

Bit of a shame about the rod Shark slayer from memory those rods aren’t cheap ether.
    Shimano reels are fantastic its a shame the same thing cant be said about their rods, The one and only rod Ive ever broken was a Shimano.

yellowfin
    Participant

yea they were in the morning, we saw you land a few things but yes change of light was shit house thats what we were waiting on but oh well

yellowfin
    Participant

scored 2 more moki this morning….45cm and 51cm :grin: massively happy :grin:

yellowfin
    Participant

might head up to kaikora this weekend to practice my new learned moki fishing skills!!!

shark slayer
    Participant

yea the eles came on the bite at the change but only breifly..i wanted to fish the morning but fell asleep haha..sounds like a good morning there ollie good stuff..what time did you catch??yeap was 300 troutfisher..but should be under warranty..i think i will stick to carbon fibre in the future fibre glass is shite.. :)

yellowfin
    Participant

i dident get down there till 7.15 ish..they came on about 8, stopped proper feed about an hour later, but lots of nibbles till the sun got onto the water then went totally dead,

yellowfin
    Participant

i too lost something SS that went on a very large very fast run on crab screamed off line extremely fast sadly dropped the hook,

shark slayer
    Participant

havn’t checked this thread for a while not much been happening by the look of it…yea ginga sounds like you got hit by a good ele aswell.. they have the best hit in the bussiness in my opinion..thats why i find them so addictive…arrived at conway at around 8 last night..got a small rig a doggy and dropped a possible ele..wasnt feeling to flash so went to sleep early..woke up this morning late..but first cast around 7.30 got a big 12lb cow..gave a real good scrap and sat in the dropoff for a longtime..went quite after that so i stopped fishing..then a workup started about 1.5 kms out..there were dolphins going nuts all over the place..must have been at least 40 0dd..then these crazy ass german tourists show up and one guy chucks on his wet suit and flippers grabs an underwater cam and tries to swim to the workup!!haha what a dipshit..needless to say after 400m or so of struggling he came back in nearly drowned himself in the dump…i was getting ready to call westpac rescue :lol: anyhow..went for a moki fish at my spot 15 mins before kaikoura..got ten or so wrasse..a blue cod..and 3 moki..2 were a touch under the last was a nice fish..all around luchtime..was going to go gurnard chasing but couldnt be fucked…here are some of todays photos..

Miliwolf
    Participant

Good effort Shark Slayer, I was feeling drained so went trout fishing instead. Caught a couple.

Might fish Conway one weekend shortly.

Viewing 15 posts - 616 through 630 (of 731 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.