Salmon Season 2013 – 2014

Posted By yellowfin On With 0 Comments

This topic contains 406 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  yellowfin 6 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 407 total)
  • Author

troutfishernz
    Participant

jamie

yellowfin
    Participant

Good to see fish an game down the waimak today one lot of guys at mackies rocks and another lot at the mouth

burkefish
    Participant

my information is that there were 4 fish at macintoshs today, 3 rocks, 1boat and the size a bit bigger than yesterday. river down to the 50scum from experience fish don’t tend to move up river in numbers when it reaches this level and some ‘pool’ up waiting for the next fresh.

yellowfin
    Participant

Anyone know if the kaiapoi river is fishing well and what techniques work best in the kaiapoi river?

burkefish
    Participant

small spinners – 7-12gm ie. tobies, freshwater shrimp or pilchards.

hookusup
    Participant

Hows the rangitata going?

shark slayer
    Participant

15lb sammy for me this morning..4th cast on a green and white 20gm zed..go buy them all pepples haha..good scrap..goy hit on the drop on my first cast..wasnt expecting it and didnt strike but all good got one 3 casts later :grin: ..solid fish to

Anonymous

Good Stuff shark slayer. Well Done, Nice size too !
    White/Green and Silver/Green in 22gm my fav zeddys

yellowfin
    Participant

What River SS? Any pics?

snake
    Participant

im on the board now,13lber tonight on the waimak,taken awhile, fishing been slow.lovely fresh silver wild hen

yellowfin
    Participant

Rangi good for a fish now eh!

burkefish
    Participant

seems all rivers are now producing, looks like the size is increasing too.

shark slayer
    Participant

Cheers abusiboy. .i am now a convert to green and white zeds aswell..got mine at the nui subjohn..4 others taken 1 at ten the other 3 were around 7. ..5 taken this morning when i left at 11…i couldnt be bothered this morning.. Had a few casts and foul hooked a flounder retreiving quick over the sand bar at the end of my retreive..a first for me..my eyeometer is good i called my fish at 15lb..got it weighed at the butchers when i dropped it off for smoking…15.5..i was .5 out haha…i have pics subjohn but have no internet atm and dont : know how to post them off a phone????should be a good weekend at the mouths..good luck boys im off to play at the canals… :grin:

yellowfin
    Participant

phew, what a 3 weeks

of 21 days I spent 14 of them fishing. fished the rangitata, Rakaia and Hurunui. in that time I hooked and landed 5 fish, smallest 6 pound largest 14.5, lost 2 others released the 6 pound fish and the 9 pound fish

shark slayer
    Participant

Good stuff fishon..good on ya for releasing a few aswell.. :wink:

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 407 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Members