Salmon Season 2013 – 2014

Posted By yellowfin On With 0 Comments

This topic contains 406 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  yellowfin 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 407 total)
  • Author

yellowfin
    Participant

Not long now… Heard reports of a couple taken off the railway station at Kaikoura already!!

snake
    Participant

hi all,
    New to the forum,looking forward to the start of the season alright.enjoyed a good season on the mak last year fingers crossed.

oompalompa
    Participant

welcome snake. good luck

aretheyrunningyet
    Participant

Looking forward to what I hope will be another good season.

Anyone got any goals set for this year ? I wanna crack the 20lb mark. 15lb is my best fish to date.

burkefish
    Participant

this flood should give the rivers a good clean out. arrived earlier than last year so hope for the settled weather from mid October. have already sorted the spinners out some new colours to try and stripped and upgraded a lot of old ones. even imported one or two that have not been available here for a while. read up on some new tactics. now need to check the reels and then wait !!!!!

yellowfin
    Participant

heres to a good season. ive only caught salmon in the tidal reaches of the waimak so this season id like to get an upriver fish and also wouldnt mind one out of the rakaia and the rangitata. would also like to break the 20 lb mark my biggest is 18lb) and one for the xmas dinner table would be awesome.

aretheyrunningyet
    Participant

http://i.stuff.co.nz/business/farming/a … irrigators

The rivers might be up for a while. Wonder what they do with the effluent usually spread on the paddocks ?

yellowfin
    Participant

I would love to get a bag limit this season. Also catch one outside of the Waimak.

aretheyrunningyet
    Participant

subjohn

burkefish
    Participant

have been given info that about a dozen salmon have been caught at kaikoura, the largest I believe was 16lb. ITS STARTING.

kaituna ian
    Participant

How do they catch them at kaikora is there a river mouth they fish there

yellowfin
    Participant

I think they just chuck Ticers out in the surf infront of the railway station….

kaituna ian
    Participant

Ah yes a bit like they used to do at moeraki lighthouse ,before the seals moved in

yellowfin
    Participant

The thought of the new Salmon season is more exciting than the America’s Cup when we blasted out to an 8-1 lead. Good to see the old names back and new ones joining. My goal will be to double my tally, so if I catch 1, I’ve achieved my goal ! Actually that score is the same as my Salmon stats 8 years trying and 1 fish, so hopefully I can do an Oracle and even that number up.

I’ve got a canal Salmon defrosting on the worktop at the moment, ready to be smoked for a get together of friends tonight. Nice, but shame its not the ‘real thing’!

Fishunter
    Participant

Hi all,iv just been sorting out salmon gear,didnt relise I had so much gear after last year,well its gota wear out sometime.
    I landed 3 salmon and lost 1 last season so hope to do better this summer,only a few weeks to go.
    Wish everyone tight lines and safe fishing for the summer.
    Fishunter:)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 407 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Members