Salmon Season -2011/2012

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 430 total)
  • Author
    burkefish
    Participant

got a 13lb fish at macintoshs 4.30pm today, saw one other lost in boat. afew fish around showing themselves . trying out new colour zeddie. looking hopeful. have also broken out some of the few black anodised I have left. these use to work well in clear low conditions. haven’t wanted to use them i case I lost them. have decide thats a stupid reason when they catch fish.

Liam
    Participant

Fished the the waimak today, managed my first salmon ever so i’m pretty wrapped, 15 pound. Two others taken from when i was there and a good number are milling about.

<a href="“>

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

yellowfin
    Participant

awesome….well done! is that at the kaiapoi mouth?

Participant

Well done liam nice fish m8, that south side kaiapoi has fished well lately ….
    3 caught at mouth today ….

HIPP
    Participant

Well done Liam, nice fish

burkefish
    Participant

nothing like watching and sometimes assisting someone land their first salmon. glad the photo turned out ok. it doesn’t matter how many salmon you catch the feeling is the same. great fish first up well done.

burkefish
    Participant

been a bit of rain at the pass, might stir things up. doubt if it will colour up unless it gets heavier. 16mm at 6.00pm still going 1.5mm per hour

burkefish
    Participant

34mm rain at the pass, should stir things up if any gets to macintoshs. will go out this afternoon and see. need a few hours sleep after nightshift. got the mk2 version of new colour zeddie to tryout.

yellowfin
    Participant

still very clear when i drove over about 30min ago

Participant

Fished mackys tonight nothing caught…
    Six caught there this morning…

burkefish
    Participant

2 caught this afternoon around 4.00pm. had just arrived, set everything about to go for first cast and a fish hooked so netted a fish before i even had a cast. saw a few playing around not interested in spinners. maybe tomorrow. not enough rain to change anything.

gunnercoops
    Participant

went down to Mak mouth first light this morning, did not see any salmon caught. A few KY around.

Liam
    Participant

any caught at the mac yesterday?

burkefish
    Participant

I was told 4, 3 this morning and a couple lost. tom got 2.

yellowfin
    Participant

waimak yesterday and today
    me with a 16lber

tom with 8 lber

and tom with limit yesterday 12 and 10 lb

*fresh*

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 430 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.