Salmon Season -2011/2012

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 430 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

they are deffanitly here now

i heard from a few fisherman banana hole has been fishing quite good lately has anyone fished there at all this season

yellowfin
    Participant

Nice fish Tom, saw you have a good fight with that foul hooked salmon last night, How big was it?

yellowfin
    Participant

haha it was great fun on trout gear i reakon around 8lb it was hooked in the tip of the tail there for really hard to get in on a 2 to 4 kg rod lol

Liam
    Participant

13 pounder taken this afternoon. very fresh put up a great fight. sorry for the upside down photo

“>

fisho
    Participant

Good on ya Tom. looks like Scotty has a few to catch-up on!

Looks like ur getting into them.

What weight and style lures are you using?

yellowfin
    Participant

well done liam great fish good on ya

yellowfin
    Participant

rangi really fireing up at the moment tones of fish in the river reports of 50 plus tacken at the mouth not yesterdasy but the day before and 20 yesterday just around the mouth

MACFISH
    Participant

Amazing how these ‘ reports ‘ surface, the Rangi is VERY low and clear and the fish are just not running up the river. Saturday saw lots of barracuda :mad: and kahawai hooked at the mouth but you would be lucky to see 20 salmon taken all day including in the dark. Of note was the large Orca and calf travelling north just off the breakers

yellowfin
    Participant

you know how fishing stories grow…..ten caught at mouth,twenty by the car park,thirty by ashburton,forty by chch,fifty by the time the news gets to forums or shops…..lol

baitman
    Participant

Lol couldn’t have said it better at 44 cum today you would have to wonder.

yellowfin
    Participant

very funny too how soon people jump on here and water down any possibility that there could have been good runs at some stage so there isnt a mad rush of anglers to their river :lol:

hurunui surf would be my pick of the rivers at the moment :)

fish will still head up river in low flows everyone… ive stood on the bridge just up from hurunui mouth many a time when its very low and clear and watched anything from 2 up to 50 + fish going through

Miliwolf
    Participant

How easy is it to reach the mouth of the hurunui, and how close can one drive in a 4wd?

St_Paul
    Participant

used to be able to get pretty close, yurn off at domett and head down and across the bridge towards nape nape. In saying that its been over 5 years since last time I was down there

yellowfin
    Participant

i wouldnt take a fwd down the beach… i just use a 4 wheeler motor bike.. no worries of getting stuck that way

yellowfin
    Participant

front wheel drive?….lol wouldnt get far.4wd can get down.start fast and dont ease off.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 430 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.