Salmon Season -2011/2012

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 430 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

The waimak, just above main bridge where south branch comes in. Didn’t see any others today but saw a couple yesterday
    The colour of water was not that flash , thats why i was fishing there

yellowfin
    Participant

Interesting, I see Mark Preston from Hamills caught a 14lb rangitata fish on sunday morning, have seen the pic, nice fish in excellent nic…I’m excited now, will be down to the rakaia this next day or two!! :wink:

Participant

Heard there was two caught down mackys rocks this morning ???

yellowfin
    Participant

i was the only one fishing at mackies today from 5.30am to 5pm

there was one other guy but i think he was sea run trout fishing

yellowfin
    Participant

has anybody been catching a few

Mal
    Participant

Hey guys can anyone give me a report on the water conditions at the Rakaia mouth area, couple of us are planning a trip up early next week,also is there much of a walk to the mouth? Thanks in advance

yellowfin
    Participant

1200 cumec fresh in the river this last 24 hours, more NW forecast so there is a good chance the river may be still dirty early next week, if not it will have received a massive rearranging at least.

yellowfin
    Participant

OTago harbour getting good 10 blue cod off dunedin wharf last saturday 24 to 35 cms fat i see legal size is 30 cm i think 26 or 27cm for wharf fishers we dnt get big ones as often as the boaties but kept every cod over 28cm anyway coz hey, a feeds a feed

Mal
    Participant

kevo85

yellowfin
    Participant

I was at the Rakaia River mouth on Sunday and the mouth is way down at the northern huts end – maybe 4km walk from South Rakaia Huts. There is a very long lagoon at present.

tackles hack
    Participant

river still brown 2day. herd 2 caught b4 last weeks big 1200 flood. only 1 mouth now. good luck

yellowfin
    Participant

[b:1vmrm82z]Rangitata River[/b:1vmrm82z]. I heard from someone who was there (Monday 5 Dec) that two good sized salmon were caught from the surf on the south side of the Rangitata River mouth. The river is high and dirty but the surf was good.

Mal
    Participant

Thats a coincidence yellowfin, was just talking to our local fisheries ranger, who told me there was a 20lb and 25 lb salmon weighed at the Rangitata.

yellowfin
    Participant

Hi Mal, Thanks for that. Our spy has proven to be reliable!

aretheyrunningyet
    Participant

Has anyone else heard rumours of a 35lb fish taken from the Waimak last Monday?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 430 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.