Salmon Season -2011/2012

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 430 total)
  • Author
    keenfisherman
    Participant

gee what a well condioned fish!

yellowfin
    Participant

I ended up getting about an 8lb salmon at the mouth today!On the board for the mak now!Stoked,sashimi tastes mint.

yellowfin
    Participant

7 down the mouth today, 4 at the macs in the morning from another fisherman and 1 on the boat this evening. Saw one lost as well. Not much fish activity saw about 3 rises but one was a trophy fish well over 20 lb. Water had better colour for fishing after the rain.

yellowfin
    Participant

Any word on the rangi today? One guy said thirty or so! Anyone confirm?.

yellowfin
    Participant

only heard of two caught at mackies this morning before i got there, and saw two landed at mak mouth but had heard of one or two before i arrived, Came home early so i could deal to my fish first time attempting really and 3rd ever cast at the mak mouth trying so pretty happy with that 9.5lb so i dont thing its too bad for a first timer

yellowfin
    Participant

well done fiery ginga

yellowfin
    Participant

thanks tom. pretty happy with it, can only get bigger and better from now on!! were you out today???

burkefish
    Participant

8 caught at macintoshs up to 4pm. all good fresh fresh in excellent condition from what i could see. 1- 28.5 inches long and weighted 12 lb. looks like the river could be down by tomorrow night. at 5pm 43.5mm at a rate of 10.5 per hr.

yellowfin
    Participant

yea seeming that way with the heavy rain up the top lol just as i start to get interested

burkefish
    Participant

not ment to last long could be out 2days or so. might stir things up a bit when it starts to clear.

yellowfin
    Participant

lol alot came to surface at mackies today a few right in front of us just off the bank shame they werent really interested in much!!!

burkefish
    Participant

will be when the coloured water arrives. could be tomorrow morning or just before it arrives.

yellowfin
    Participant

yea was my first timem there so thought it was kinda cool too see big splashes every so often might try get out tomorrow

burkefish
    Participant

well done. a survey a few years ago came to the conclusion that the average salmon fisher caught 0 in a season, therefore if you catch one you are a expert. need to watch out ,it becomes an addiction. iv’e had for salmon about 23 years. trout were the addiction as a kid until 17 when there was another addiction until i married then back to the fishing.

yellowfin
    Participant

lol ive got 2 in 6 days so that does that mean?

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 430 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.