Salmon Season -2011/2012

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 430 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

yea another dude i got his limit there too

yellowfin
    Participant

McIntosh’s Rocks was fishing well today. Went down at 1pm and saw about 4 being caught after 2pm with a couple lost. Another 1st timer got a 21 lb fish just bent two of the tangs on the hook. I managed to land this 17 lb fish for my first ever salmon. Hit hard, close to the bank. 82cm long. Nice and silver. Walked me downstream about 50m. Thanks to the gents that gave me hand in netting and all the advise. I didn’t stick around to try for another I was just stoked to take it home and show the wife and kids. Some nice fish being caught.

sorearm
    Participant

how did you go at the rangi,fishon?

yellowfin
    Participant

Congratulations on your first salmon. A day to remember for sure! Well done.

burkefish
    Participant

another 9 at macintoshs later in the day. alot of fish movement seen in spite the strong southerly. some around the15lb mark. looking good for the morning.

Fishy Bishy
    Participant

Excellent effort to start with a 17, beats my 16lber years ago…. nice to hear of that good old camraderie of the old Waimak coming through, helping hand to land a Salmon and such an important one too.
    You will never forget that, ever!
    Further, your kids will probably follow in your footsteps as they grow older, and make you as proud again.
    Bloody top marks, love this sort of report.
    (For the record, I got a 14 in the Waitaki yesterday, couldn’t get off the river fast enough to show my smug face to my wife!)
    She says I had a certain “smugness” about me all day….?? don’t understand that at all….LOL!

yellowfin
    Participant

i managed to sneak this 12lber up the mak this evening with @tomhodge ha ..
    #mint

fisho
    Participant

Awesome fish….. i bet Tom was happy after loosing two yday

yellowfin
    Participant

well, i managed to stay a little longer down at the rangitata… i landed 2 smaller fish, one was 9 pound and the other 11.5 and lost another up river just below the main road bridge… but im still pretty happy with that, ads to the 4 ive caught at the hurunui, thats my season over now… its hunting time 8)

burkefish
    Participant

saw 11 fish landed at macintoshs this morning up10.30am and this afternoon from 3 till 6, probably others in between. still a few fish splashing around. will try again first thing tomorrow.

yellowfin
    Participant

hey larry are many of the fish going through up river or just milling around at mackies cheers

yellowfin
    Participant

fisho

burkefish
    Participant

hi! tom seem to be moving up. fresh fish being caught every day this week. dropped one this morning looked like the largest i’ve hooked this season. swam in to me couldn’t get a decent strike on it. we had a good fight for several minutes before he decided he had had enough playing with me. saw 5 caught up until midday.lots of rowers, yachts etc, seem to slow the fish down, but thats ok will get them monday. fin clipping tomorrow.

shan
    Participant

first salmon i’ve caught from the waimak, got the heart racing a bit, would have been stuffed if not for the help of the guy next to me with a net
    :P

keenfisherman
    Participant

great salmon! :grin:

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 430 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.