Salmon Season -2011/2012

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 430 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

alot of fish in the rangi at the moment a few guys have been getting limits most days in the gut

burkefish
    Participant

20+ at macintoshes up to 5.00pm. a run came through about 3.30pm. fish taken along the rocks, northside kaiapoi 2 on the south earlier the boats got several. wonder how the mouth went? a lot of people down there for a long time.

yellowfin
    Participant

hi all, does anyone know what colour the rangitata is… i live in kaikoura and want to head down for the day fishing late tonight/tomorro but dont wanna turn up to a dirty river as i see on the ecan site its risen a wee bit

yellowfin
    Participant

Got my first for the season, 14Lb, nice and silver… Cheers for your netting skills Larry/ Burkefish.. Saved me having to beach it!! Happy to be on the board, looked like a few were caught at Mackies and the South side Kaiapoi today.

fisho
    Participant

Good one Subjohn any pics?. What time of day were the fish being caught?

yellowfin
    Participant

Apparently the file is too big!! Got mine bout 1.30pm, Between then and 2.30pm i would guess atleast 7 hook ups, saw a couple lost, including one where the line snapped and the fella was holding onto the line with the fish on the end!!! Did not last long though and the fish got the better of him!

sorearm
    Participant

hi all, anyone know whats been happening down the mouth?

yellowfin
    Participant

heaps of fish through the rakaia at the moment

fisho
    Participant

yea, plenty of fish from the main road bridge down to the mouth of raikaia. Some good size fish being caught too.

yellowfin
    Participant

sorearm

sorearm
    Participant

cheers for that cjwxxx, havn’t been down there for a while.got friday off so might head up river

burkefish
    Participant

probably 10+ at macintoshes, plenty of fish splashing around. including 1 that ran into my zeddie, gave him a hell of a fright, came out of the water about 3feet in the air went for about 6 feet before back in . a spectacular sight. was about 16lb.this was about 3 metres in front of me. wish i had my camera, won’t forget that.

yellowfin
    Participant

not much happening down at macintoshes,3 or 4 caught along the rocks…was there between 10 am and 2pm and nothing on south side of kaiapoi either while i fished that side. :x .. will carry on down to rangitata

yellowfin
    Participant

i heard alot of fish in rangitata at the moment will deffanitly be worth a look

burkefish
    Participant

a few fish around at macintoshs, saw 6 caught between 1.30 and 4.45pm including 2 that i got. strange thing 15 years ago i caught 2 fish on the same day and was late for a first date with a lady who has been my partner since. this time i was given a warning not to be late. she is very understanding of my salmon addiction. has never complained until last weekend when i spent the whole weekend fishing while she sat at home. perfectly justified as i’m on 5 weeks holiday while she works.

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 430 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.