Salmon Season -2011/2012

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 430 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

Anyone get any fish today? Was nice cold but bright morning,much happening on any of the rivers?

aretheyrunningyet
    Participant

Fished the south side of the Kaiapoi tonight, nothing doing on either side. Maybe one landed at Mackies from the cheers I heard!

yellowfin
    Participant

Fished Waimak mouth from 1-4PM, didnt see a fish caught – very quiet even though there were 15+ people fishing by the time I left. Lots of weed though :(

burkefish
    Participant

two caught north side kaiapoi mouth saw one carried out further down. a few fish showing early on, could be good inthe morning and the coming week with morning tides provided the river stays fishable.

burkefish
    Participant

cold at macs this morning saw 2 in boats. fish just breaking the surface, not that interested in taking anything.

yellowfin
    Participant

Ok im back in Oz. zilch capture for the trip, as expected, LOL.
    Thursday was just a pain in the arse and cold day didnt fish, just went shopping and had a restaurant tried to procure $40 for 1kg of steam mussel. LOL.
    Friday morning at the Hurunui mouth, wasnt a bad walk from the top of the ledge down a track and walked around to the mouth, had to get my toes wet on the way there, but my family tackle got wet on the way back, LOL. Saw 1 brown trout caught and a salmon was caught on a 3rd cast by some fella, who apparently was the resident salmon population controller.
    spent the rest of the way working out how to access the Clarence and a couple of other spots for paua and cray notes for next season.

However, I caught a few kahawai? all were released, all in all it was a productive week for me, got more than I expected done, organised a few things and may return looking to invest.
    One thing I do have to say is that, you fellas have what it takes to have world class if not the best salmon fishery in the world, but your Govt. simply does not have what it take to see beyond the horizon and invest in the future of the country. Its a pity.

yellowfin
    Participant

you reckon its good now,should have seen the ninetys!!

So true is your comment,guess debt and dairy are more important to john key and co…..

yellowfin
    Participant

Hey wasn, I did go looking for you a couple of times and thought I may have seen you as I drove through the car park at the mouth! did you have a camper van? The person I thought was you looked me straight in the face and didn’t seem to recognise me, so I carried on to the mouth!! haven’t been out much since the fresh so the chances of us meeting up where limited sadly :(

yellowfin
    Participant

Kev. No we had a silver corolla and we may have cross over LOL. Was there with gf. We are making plans to come back for either 2 or 4 weeks depending if we are going to north Is. Or not. Would have been good to meet up though. I’m going to miss NZ dairy products and beef. Your beef there is the best in the world by a long shot, but is rarely served up in Europe,North.America or Asia.
    Will send you msg later on about fishing in OZ. If you ever come here.

burkefish
    Participant

the mac is dropping fast, should be at lest fishable tomorrow. hopefully.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Wairau looked good, but not Salmon caught :(

DId catch a okay brown trout.

HIPP
    Participant

Rabbit shooting at the mak near the gorge last night, still pretty full and plenty of colour in the water

burkefish
    Participant

got the first fish on my annual salmon fishing holiday this morning. a fat 12lb 29inch jack salmon. 1 other salmon taken and a 2-3lb trout on the other side.

yellowfin
    Participant

Nice one, Did you get it in the dirty water?

aretheyrunningyet
    Participant

Well done burkefish, got any pics ? Was that at the Kaiapoi mouth ?

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 430 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.