Salmon Season -2011/2012

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 430 total)
  • Author
    baitman
    Participant

I think you’ll find he was having a windup. Copied and pasted those pics off the internet trolling trying to get a bite. (which you have)

yellowfin
    Participant

not to mention his posts in the trout forum bit of a joker i think…… damn good though to catch dogfish inthe canals

yellowfin
    Participant

What did ya catch skipper

Anonymous
    Inactive

Got photos? lol

yellowfin
    Participant

What sized netting did you use?

yellowfin
    Participant

ohhh socky thats a tad touchy……. he said mid mak not out off the mouth……. i reckon he used dynamite

yellowfin
    Participant

just remember this guy also goes fishing and spanks off or so he says

burkefish
    Participant

on another note, there were a few fish around at macintoshs today. unfortunately not near me, though i did manage 3 flounders of various sizes. seems to me that the mak this year has reverted to a pattern we haven’t seen for about 10 years.

yellowfin
    Participant

whitebaitpro

HIPP
    Participant

Haha Whitebaitpro, lol, quite the yarn teller, good for a laugh.

I fished the Waimak Gorge last evening, left it a bit late getting there, a few others fishing, no sign of Salmon, had a trout splash right below my rod tip, that was the peak of ecitement lol, Still a bit of colour in the water up there too.

yellowfin
    Participant

Went to Mcintoshs this morning about 6.30am, and caught a 9lb salmon, stayed til about 8 then took off home,heard through the grapevine a couple caught near kiapoi mouth early on,but can’t confirm.

Got a couple of pics I would mine posting up but don’t know how, via photo bucket? Can someone help me out?

yellowfin
    Participant

Well, I been fishing 2 days solid, puttin in around 6hrs/day hooked 2, but didnt convert. This is my first trip to NZ for salmon. They are dfinately diferent to Canadian atlantic salmon in many ways to fish.
    Sun. I saw one fish caught at the waimak mouth, and around 8 in the afternoon at Mac rock.
    Mon. saw 2 before 8 at the mouth and around 14 fish for Mack rock till I left around 4ish
    Tues. I hooked 2, but no cigar. and 1 was caught while I was there. at the rock around 12-14 was caught, 2 fisho got their bag limit.
    Didnt get a chance to see Kev. which is a shame.
    Had a fish today nothing at the mouth until 8 and at the rock 3 fish caught when I left a 9.30Am So now I’m at Kaikoura hoping to go for a fish at the mouth of the Huiruni or behing the train station at Kaikoura
    Be back at The waimak on Sat to do a last fish before I head back to OZ.
    The most outstanding thing over the last 3 days was I saw some monster salmon caught especially the 3 early sunday at Mac rock, all were way over 20lbs barely fitting the landing net, but the rest were around around 10ish pound.
    and thanks to the yobbo in the blue jack and green waders north side of Kaiapoi creek mouth, Tues arvo you know who you are. It’s people like you that give anglers a redneck yobbo stereotype. Fishing is social activity, If you want the whole river to yourself I suggest you buy a helicopter and go find some new found wilderness.
    But saying that I had a very good fishing experience and made new friends, I’ve even manage to organise for a few Kiwis to visit OZ, I’ll put them up and take them out for dee sea fishing when they visit .

yellowfin
    Participant

Thanks wasn, good update, I have been wondering how it was going this week as I have had to work. I was at Macintoshes briefly Monday morning and it seemed pretty quiet – I should have hung around a bit longer from the sound of it!
    Might have to sneak out early Friday morning I think… but Mac rock or the mouth, its a hard choice to make.
    Anyway, hope to see you out there one day (I’m a fellow Aussie)

burkefish
    Participant

fished the mak mouth then macintoshs today. left the mouth to early arrived at macintoshs to late, but thats fishing, another day tomorrow!!!!!!

yellowfin
    Participant

i fished up river on hurunui last 2 days.. saw 3 fish but couldnt hook any, got a couple of resident browns though … off to the rakaia tomorrow for the weekend, anyone know how thats going?

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 430 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.