Forum SurfCasting Trip 2

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

I just remembered that my wife will be studying for exams around labour weekend, so I’ll be looking after the kids – I’ll have to give this one a miss.

yellowfin
    Participant

[quote:231ayxid]Its not that far really seeing as you go to bluff to fish the wharf??

St_Paul
    Participant

I’d be keen, depends on whether I can get a Pass. Would probably prefer kaikoura.

Anyone keen for a day trip closer to Christchurch? Maybe Dorie or Nape Nape?

yellowfin
    Participant

i wouldnt mind a trip to nape nape but everuytime i go it seems to be rather rough.

St_Paul
    Participant

it really needs to be nor west at nape nape to be any good

yellowfin
    Participant

yea nor west for a few days would help… or even birdlings would be an option..

Sevengillz
    Participant

The nor-west season is nearly upon us,anyone ever fished the conway area?

St_Paul
    Participant

stopped and fished at conway flat on the way back from picton once, only got 1 smallish schoolie.

HookLineSinker
    Participant

Yea did that a couple of summers ago nd had dissapointing results only catching a couple of small schoolies as well.

Sevengillz
    Participant

do you remember what time of year it was roughly? before/after xmas?

It may be just one of those places that takes a few trips before ya get something decent :?

Miliwolf
    Participant

There should be KY at the conway river mouth during the summer, also sea run trout.

St_Paul
    Participant

Have you guys in Marlborough fished much off Rarangi? always looked like an interesting spot.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Fished there a few times, that entire beach is heavily fished. Caught nothing. Even KY are quite rare. There is the odd moki and butterfish around the rocks.

My dad has caught school sharks there.

Sevengillz
    Participant

yip spent many a day fishing the cloudy bay coastline (rarangi)

Miliwolf
    Participant

School grouper also swim through the area at times.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.