Forum SurfCasting Trip 2

Viewing 13 posts - 46 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

well dont mind that last bot thing. this post seems to have died off with nothing comming from what the main topic was. so i thought i would fire it up. with a long weekend commin in october i think and one also in november i thought i would drop an idea intothe frame of how about kaikoura part 2? would be cool to go back there again as a group catch up with everyone and perhaps meet some more new faces that couldnt make it last time?just thought id use that as another sugestin for part 2 since its kinda half way between us all. any other sugstions welcome.

Miliwolf
    Participant

October should be fine for me, just need to avoid the first week or so because that is trout fishing time.

yellowfin
    Participant

Kaikoura is definitely the best choice, I’ll be going there one weekend soon, but will still be keen for another visit. The other option would be the West coast, but it’s further away and the seas are rougher I believe. Maybe one time we could do a boat charter if enough people are interested? Just a thought.

yellowfin
    Participant

yes ive found west coast seas are alot rougher

Jones Jr.
    Participant

Sounds good. I’d be keen.

Sorry greg I got your txt to! Ran out’ve money on my phone! LOL.

Cheers
    Aaron

Miliwolf
    Participant

Booger

yellowfin
    Participant

looking at tides for labour weekend the 25th/26th 27th october the tides seem to be high at sort of 2am ish on saturday at lyttelton so i think its sorta 45min extra for kaikoura so would be idea for a night and day fish 2 in one day

Miliwolf
    Participant

Probably would go on a extended trip labour weekend.

yellowfin
    Participant

if we could get numbers on keen for a trip to kaikoura labour weekend would be good. im fairly keen i think aaron and steve are but not 100% sure

Miliwolf
    Participant

Think I would either be kayaking at D’urville or tramping in the richmond range Labour weekends (Also applies for Marlb ann (mon 3rd nov). So probably unable to make it..

yellowfin
    Participant

I think October might be too early to make the most of it (unless there’s going to be two forum surfcasting trips). One week early in December would be ideal as a large variety of species should be around by then, and it’s before the holiday season. Otherwise late January.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Early December would suit me fine, would need to check tides.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Might be able to make it Labour weekend… What are the tides doing?

Viewing 13 posts - 46 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.