“The Canterbury Mullet Championships”

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

yea will let u know hav mullet mackeral pillie bonito cray bodies fresh water cray maybe some squid and mayb paua guts for bait so should get something

yellowfin
    Participant

I’m going to try the heathcote river for mullet one weekend soon, as it’s just down the road. Anyone heard of much being caught in the Heathcote river?

St_Paul
    Participant

used to catch lots there as kids, my cousins lived practically on the bank but that was a long time ago ;)

yellowfin
    Participant

went for a mullet fish yesterday afternoonwith aaron got a fair few mullet aaron will post pics

Jones Jr.
    Participant

Second entry into the champs! And Greg (HEAD, The fiery ginga) is in the lead! (NOTE, might aswell make this a South Island wide comp as another suggested otherwise it’s prob just gonna be a competition between Greg and me. LOL).

Caught at the Kaiapoi river on 15th September 2007. Pics as follows.

“>

Greg with his Mullet, bigger than mine!

“>

Length = 37cm (it looks like 36cm however he’s not holding it right at the front of the fishes mouth)

“>

Perspective shot next to 600ml Sparkling Duet bottle.

“>

Weighing in at = 600grams / 1.32 pounds. (fish lost some blood, weighed a little more initially)

Now the mullet are getting bigger! I’ve never seen one this big before. Still looking forward to the mythical above 1kg mullet!

Cheers
    Aaron

yellowfin
    Participant

oh dont worry it will come the 1kg fella… hopefully sooner rather than later!!!!!

yellowfin
    Participant

didnt head

yellowfin
    Participant

800g mullet from the waimak mouth early this morning.

yellowfin
    Participant

800g mullet viewed from above, with a 1.5L coke bottle. No doubt someone will get a bigger one soon.

tracknz
    Participant

Good to know you were working hard this morning Booger.

yellowfin
    Participant

i was this arvo when i got that trout at work lol

tracknz
    Participant

Lol. I think I must be in the wrong job. All you buggers seem to get heaps more glide time than I do. Any jobs going where you work Booger?

yellowfin
    Participant

No sales jobs going right now, just one tech job.

I got back from fishing at about 3am and had my first job at 8am, wasn’t functioning too well by the time mid afternoon came.

yellowfin
    Participant
    I got heaps of mullet in Timaru yesterday, but most of them were pretty small. I will post pictures of the two biggest ones, but I have no idea how much they weighed since I don’t have a scale.

Here they are next to a milk bottle lid and a smaller mullet.

Jones Jr.
    Participant

Well, it looks like Bogger is in the lead with a friggen big mullet! Haven’t ever seen one that big before. Good stuff. What were you using for bait?

I await the 1kg mullet!

Cheers
    Aaron

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 57 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.