“The Canterbury Mullet Championships”

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

This was my best effort:

yellowfin
    Participant

hahaha very good there mate

yellowfin
    Participant

I don’t see to many up here in Welly, I am sure they are around, just not the places I fish?!?!?

yellowfin
    Participant

yea i guess

yellowfin
    Participant

GOOD NEWS ALL the waimak is in flood

yellowfin
    Participant

What type of fish will be hanging around the waimak

yellowfin
    Participant

yea they do but i havnt been downthere after dark for a few weeks but

yellowfin
    Participant

Are mullet around all year?

yellowfin
    Participant

some places i would say no but then some places i would say yes

Jones Jr.
    Participant

First entry into the champs! (NOTE, I’m changing the dates from July 1st 2007 through till June 30th 2008 to be more in line with the mullet season).

Caught at the Kaiapoi river on 8th September 2007. Pics as follows.

“>

Length = 32cm

“>

Perspective shot next to 600ml Coke Bottle.

“>

Weighing in at = 307grams / 0.67 pounds.

I’d like to see what a 1kg mullet looks like!

Cheers
    Jones Jr.

P.S. Possible taking this too seriously but blow it, haha!

Edit: Looking at my scale correctly have managed to squeeze out a tiny little bit more weight! LOL. :) It messures from the bottom of the little thing there.

yellowfin
    Participant

thats my hand holding the measuring should count for something and ur lucky ur mullet was only a few cm bigger than mine lol gove me a few more weeks and the 1kg fellas will b comming in (maybe)

yellowfin
    Participant

Man I totally forgot about this thread. I will have to go for a mullet fish sometime soon. I’m just waiting for someone to say if there is any mullet around at the pier. I think it is unlikely that I will get another one anywhere near 2kg. Probably a once in a lifetime thing

yellowfin
    Participant

im planning on going to the pier tomorrow maybe with aaron dont know what we will catch but will report back 2morrow hopefully a kaiwhai or a few more mullet anything but doggies would be nice

yellowfin
    Participant

Hopefully you get some good size mullet along with some kahawai. I will probably go up next weekend if you get anything, otherwise I will leave it to the end of the month. I went down to Wakanui beach today just to have a look, people were just catching the usual dogfish. Had a walk along the beach and found a seal that had washed up and died. It hadn’t been attacked by sharks or anything. It looked as if it died of starvation so that could mean a decline in the number of fish around. I was suprised that a sick seal would last long since there are the main part of the great white and other sharks diets. I went a bit off topic there

yellowfin
    Participant

well as i was saying to aaron id average a doz 1kg mullet a year some years less some more one some days ill get

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 57 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.