Birdlings flat fishing comp

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    St_Paul
    Participant

Hi All,

the little river hotel social club will be holding its annual competition on the 17th of February.

registration from 7am at the birdlings flat turn off.

will get further details of costs etc and post them here.

cheers

Paul

yellowfin
    Participant

OK SWEET AS WILL SEE WHAT HAPPENS IN THE NEXT COUPLE OF WEEKS MAY ENTER THIS AGAIN ALTHOUGH LAST YEAR ALL I GOT WERE SMALL SMALL DOGGIES AND SCHOOLIES

St_Paul
    Participant

OK have got the details.
    $10 entry
    Fishing from 7am til 4 pm. Weigh in and prize giving at the little river hotel. prizes for most species and heaviest fish.
    postponement date 24th february.

all procedes to the little river hotel social club.

yellowfin
    Participant

why exactly would they ostpone a fishing comp just out of interest?? i thought us fisherman were meant to be hard tough men and weather or anything wouldnt worry us

yellowfin
    Participant

So did this comp go ahead??

Was gonna go out for a look but with the rain and wind we had on saturday I thought it would be a waste of time..

yellowfin
    Participant

So no one went to this comp?

gunnercoops
    Participant

I went down for a fish…not the comp… yesterday when it had been resheduled for…I saw one couple fishing by the rocks and that was it…I got there around 3pm.
    Also caught bugger all, a couple of small mullet, mate caught a puffer fish.

PierMaster
    Participant

Ya i went down it was held on 24th Feb winning fish was a 4.8kg carpet shark and other 2 top fish where also carpet sharks as wel
    i managed to get spot prize of $25 at little river hotel which was all good there where loads of spot prizes more than prizes for cathcing fish :grin: i only caught dogfish :(

yellowfin
    Participant

Anyone know what date the comp is this year?

St_Paul
    Participant

ring the little river hotel, they should be able to tell you.

gunnercoops
    Participant

no date sorted yet, they will know after 1st Feb.

yellowfin
    Participant

I suppose it’ll be later in February around the same time as last year. Anyone know if there are any other comps on, other than the club only ones?

gunnercoops
    Participant

could do a fishingmag one? Would there be enough on here to make it work? Bragging rights only to the winner!

yellowfin
    Participant

I don’t think there would be enough members on here for a full competition, but probably enough for a small get together.

yellowfin
    Participant

no cant say i know of any more at this present time sory zac cant even remember when the club ones are. proberbly should enter the ones that the workingmens club im a member of go in

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.