Birdlings flat fishing comp

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

I was planning on entering the fishing club in Ashburton a while back, but never really got around to it. My granddad is a member, but seems to think the surfcasting section isn’t very active now all the members are getting older etc

yellowfin
    Participant

Anyone know if dates are set yet?

rdeejay
    Participant

Well i saw the sign at the turn off when i was out yesterday, but stupid me forgot the day but it’s in march.

PierMaster
    Participant

1st of March is comp

Cyal there :)

yellowfin
    Participant

So I suppose it’s the usually 7am registration time? What about entry fee and start of actual competition?

PierMaster
    Participant

Your allowed as many rods as you want just no long lines or kites,

I think there prize for 1st,2nd,3rd and most species

$10 or $15 entry (I know its cheaper than the others)

As soon as you register you can start i think yeah 7am

yellowfin
    Participant

I can see people fishing a lot of rods then, especially since it’s a competiton. Hopefully people wont fish more than 2.

PierMaster
    Participant

Im most gona fish 3 haha last year i managed to snap 2 and crack my other so wasnt a good day….

All prizes that are won are on a you choose the prize basis no money in this comp :( usualy 1 or two rods and just taclke and some other vouchers

yellowfin
    Participant

I’ll probably fish 3 as well, except I only have two rod stands, might use my older rod for mullet/kahawai. My rods aren’t in the best condition anymore either, after getting slammed in car doors, being stood on by people at the pier, and I slammed one rod on the pier bar when overhead casting.

I might get some burley together for the competiton, since I’ve already got a bucket of old red cod, and a skate in the freezer.

yellowfin
    Participant

Hay every1, ive just moved dwn to lincoln from Napier and would realy like to fish this comp but got no way of being able to get there. Is there any1 that would b able to giv me a ride there an bak, ill b able 2 giv u some money for petrol. Thanks Haydn.

yellowfin
    Participant

Weather is looking crap all week, including the weekend. Southerlies/Easterlies and lots of rain, so I don’t know what the conditions will be like at the comp. Might not even be worth going. I wonder if it was really bad conditions would they call it off for another date? I wouldn’t want to go all the way there and find it’s not even on, especially if the conditions aren’t fishable. I was hoping to go for a fish at the Pier on Friday night as well, so hopefully the weather changes.

Yakkaman
    Participant

Just my luck kids birthday on the 1st and i haven’t fished for 3 weeks got a new job and working trade shows in weekends mind you it’s been raining in all the towns i’ve been to.

Miliwolf
    Participant

and late summer is typically when the best fishing is….

rdeejay
    Participant

Even if i wanted to go i can’t make it out for Sunday, but probably will go Saturday if the weather doesn’t turn to custard.

yellowfin
    Participant

Well at least if you go on Saturday you can post and say what the conditions were like. But then again the sea can still change a lot over night.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.