Birdlings flat fishing comp

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

I’m out, beach fishing during daytime on an outgoing tide isn’t time well spent. Will fish somewhere early sat or sun morning or go kayaking.

rdeejay
    Participant

I was thinking that too with the tides, it’s why i thought i might head out around midday on Saturday and stick around till the eve

yellowfin
    Participant

Sunday
    Max: 27°C Min: 14°C
    Early rain then fine. Strong gusty northwest developing.

Sounds almost perfect conditions, but still doesn’t mean the sea will have time to calm down.

yellowfin
    Participant

I got there before 7, but the weather was crap. Really windy and still a bit of rain. Weather probably would’ve calmed down a bit, but I didn’t bother staying, and I’m not sure what happened with the comp and if it was on or not. Anyone know what happened?

rdeejay
    Participant

What a bummer to go all that way to be greeted by rubbish weather. It started turning last night around 5ish when i was out there, got about 3 hours in fishing before it was time to leave. Not sure how it is out there now but in town here the sun is shining with a NW wind.

yellowfin
    Participant

It’s Postponed till next Sunday, so hopefully the weather and conditions will work out.

elmo22
    Participant

how did you find out its on next weekend,was going to go but cause of the rain and wind on saturday did go , rang the little river pub on saturday night but they did not have any info

yellowfin
    Participant

Weather keeps looking worse again for this Sunday.

Looks like fairly strong North Easterlies all week, then a some rain on Friday, then fine again Saturday with a Southerly change with some rain on Sunday. Swell is looking fairly big as well. But still this is long range forecast, and the weather can still turn out quite different.

yellowfin
    Participant

Just looked at swell map for sunday mornin. It goin under half metre.
    That should be gd for fishing shouldnt it

yellowfin
    Participant

If it stays like that it should be alright. Also depends if the wind picks up a lot.

yellowfin
    Participant

Well it seems the forecast has changed again. Now saying North Westerlies on Saturday, then fine with North Easterlies on Sunday.

yellowfin
    Participant

The day turned out good for the competition. Was really calm with hardly any wind. Although it was probably a bit to calm, and there wasn’t really that much caught. Loads of Dogfish around, but the schoolies seem to have disappeared. I only got one Schoolie myself, and I only saw a couple at the weigh in. The winning fish was a skate, and another skate got second place. I got the only barracouta, a schoolie, some dogfish, and a large crab, and won a few prizes.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Did anyone catch a marlin?

yellowfin
    Participant

Yes

Miliwolf
    Participant

Was it caught on a Magikarp livebait?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.