Salmon Season 2013 – 2014

Posted By yellowfin On With 0 Comments

This topic contains 406 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  yellowfin 6 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 407 total)
  • Author

yellowfin
    Participant

KeTo

shark slayer
    Participant

bag limit of sammys for me this morning 9 & 13 lb.10 lb braid in the surf.. the second fish gave the best salmon scrap I have ever had..massive blistering runs and took me 200 meters down the beach..good times :grin:

yellowfin
    Participant

I had my first day salmon fishing yesterday
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … 4jDNoeDXLs

yellowfin
    Participant

Nice video, handy for an amateur like me still trying for my first. Will try and find some nice water like that next time I’m out, spent the morning out on the rakaia today but no luck

yellowfin
    Participant

Shark slayer – what river were you fishing if you don’t mind me asking?
    Kev – top video, very helpful also

shark slayer
    Participant

hurunui mate…I bag limited out before anyone caught anything…the egg beaters beat the overheads today haha..14 in all my second was the heaviest of the day..one other around the 12lb mark the rest were 10 and under.lots of fish dropped..the usual hook pulled from trying to horse fish with 50lb braid and stiff 12 foot rods with no action…such a waste of an awesome fighting fish.

yellowfin
    Participant

Awesome man, you must of been fishing the north side

shark slayer

yellowfin
    Participant

Any one know if there is any salmon in the ranhitata gorge? And what lures work best there

shark slayer
    Participant

yea Kris :wink: fish taken on Southside aswel….went down the rangitata with donnie for a couple hours messing around yesterday arvo..couldn’t be bothered with salmon was having fun on the kahawai instead..but hooked a salmon anyway up in the gut..it was a heavy fish..big head shakes but some dickhead casted into my gear and ripped the hook out of my salmon…I was not a happy chappy..should have cut his gear off but didn’t have a knife on me..I hate the crowded mouths and that sort of shot shows why I avoid them…by the way is the average age of salmon anglers 85??? :lol: where is the newblood!!

burkefish
    Participant

one day SS if you are lucky you might reach that age and then you will be the one tangling other anglers line lol.

yellowfin
    Participant

shark slayer

burkefish
    Participant

7 fish at macintoshs today, getting closer to landing one ,had a hit head shake then gone then hooked another one that after playing me for 10 minutes or so got bored and spate the hook. never saw it just long powerful runs every time within a metre or 2 from the bank. always tomorrow.

shark slayer
    Participant

haha yea burkefish and slightly pooping myself while playing big salmon…at least you hooked a couple today mate hopefully you land them next time…no donnie I don’t fish. your way I give the fish a level playing feild…my name is not Malcolm bell….hurunui is dead at the moment..1 fish taken yesterday and none today…surf is rough..and the lagoon is to low and clear with no flow…the forecast isn’t flash either…next week I reckon

yellowfin
    Participant

Salmon in rangi this morn looked to be aroubd 25lbs huge deep fish helped the guy land it and i was shitting my pants i was gunna stuff up the tailing … Handshakes all round smiles and a beer at 730am.
    Glad to have seen that fish even if it wasnt on my rod.
    It was caught on a small green zeddy

nickthechippie
    Participant

With regards to fish at macs yesterday, will fish be moving upstream at the mo or waiting for a fresh? :|

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 407 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Members