Sharks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

Looking at getting into these more this year. some good 7gillers and school sharks will be my fish of choice id say and maybe some rig but yea. a nice bronzie would be great too but may havto head north island for them

Sevengillz
    Participant

Bronze whalers can be encountered in the outter sounds and around tasman/golden bay areas.There was one I think was just shy of four meters takin in port hardy,Durville island a year or so ago.It was a big deal because they thought it was a bull shark and I think it went to TePapa to be checked out.They Identified it as a big bronzie but if I remember rightly it didnt look anything like a bronze whaler to me.I have heard about a few bronzies that were sighted in Torea bay and seemed to be basking in the sun.A few years ago now but Torea is pretty much opposite Picton harbour and thats right in there.
    Be a buzz hooking any maneater really :twisted:

Miliwolf
    Participant

By most account bronzies are quite sluggish once hooked. They hang around the salmon farms over summer.

yellowfin
    Participant

i have heard of thenm caught inthe waikato river before when reading nz fishing news. also it has that guy catching thema few weeks ago on gone fishing which was a repeat though

Sevengillz
    Participant

Thats right.If thats the same article I read the swimmers laughed at him when he was there baiting up a 24kg standup outfit in the river.They werent laughing when he hooked up a bronze not far from them.I would imagine people would be departing the water quick smart :lol:
    Did you see that article TFG?

yellowfin
    Participant

yea i think thats the same one i was reading as well. i would love to dothat on a beach as well and justclear the beach

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.