Salmon Season 2013 – 2014

Posted By yellowfin On With 0 Comments

This topic contains 406 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  yellowfin 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 407 total)
  • Author

Participant

3 south side, 3 north side mak mouth

yellowfin
    Participant

Bag limit today.
    13.8 and 14.1lb.
    Dunedin harbour basin.

burkefish
    Participant

well done great. see the size is increasing.

burkefish
    Participant

waimak fishing comp 22nd march, $4000 in prizes. entry $20 adults, $15 salmon anglers members, junior under 16 free. entry forms and conditions salmon anglers web site or hunting and fishing shops , complete angler, blackwells kaiapoi, camp at kairaki.

yellowfin
    Participant

Opinions please… Flurocarbon leader when using braid, a must, a maybe etc? Struggling with uniknot catching slightly in the last guide when casting. No helping me get off the mark! Ha

yellowfin
    Participant

Landed this little wee girl this am Rakaia mouth thought it was a kawhai until it was in the shallows,10.5LB
    not a lot of fish around this year!

yellowfin
    Participant

I dont use braid myself Sam but I have seen quite a few people who do, have no leader and use a Palomar knot to tie directly onto lures

Zeddie
    Participant

Any fish this morning at mackies?? Was thinking tonight ? :grin:

kbel
    Participant

I think about 10 caught this morning till about noon.They were spread all over,some in boats some on rocks one in paticular on the point was landed and the guys there ya-ho’d and cheered out so loudly for the lucky guy,it could be heard from the bottom end.

yellowfin
    Participant

Good stuff with fish at mackies! Might have a look tonight.
    KeTo – thanks for the feedback mate, will try that knot out for sure, anything to increase my chances of success!

burkefish
    Participant

13 around macintoshes to 2pm, 3 on boats 2 on point. I was the one cheered I think don’t really know too focused on the fish as I finally landed one after losing 3 last week, they have been giving me a hard time about it offering to buy my new rod etc. it was just over 11 lb.

yellowfin
    Participant

Awesome Larry! Well done! Sounds like good numbers today.
    Hopefully they around later in the week after work?

nickthechippie
    Participant

Good on you burkefish. I had my first experience at macs on Saturday 5am-11.30am and there were about 9 caught up till then. 2 caught next to me, 1 hooked right in front of my feet!and my zeddie was right behind percies when he got it!dammit im still tryin to get my first,been tryin 4 years(2years seriously). apparently nothing ever gets caught before first light?but in other areas I have lost them in the dark? these bloody salmon are weird man. Such a shame the forecast rain may not come next week. Anyway it was nice to see fish about for a change.

nickthechippie
    Participant

has anyone caught fish in clear water tying braid direct to lures?

jamie
    Participant

liamg8nz

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 407 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Members