Picton xmas

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

Cheers

yellowfin
    Participant

Raurangi? beach any body fished it or the next bay along Whites?

HookLineSinker
    Participant

Yeahnah

yellowfin
    Participant

Cheers !
    Wil give it a thrash tomorrow ausming my litle boy is better hes been throwing up all day :cry:

Miliwolf
    Participant

good place to fish during a nor-wester because it calms the sea. I reckon down towards the rocks could have potential for Moki, never given it a serious fish but have seen them around the rocks while spearfishing.

yellowfin
    Participant

A few kahawai from the diversion today and a gurnard from picton ( as well as lot of spoties and litle kahawai )
    My better half managed a legal snapper as well :grin:

All releasd to get bigger

HookLineSinker
    Participant

Yeahnah

yellowfin
    Participant

Both !
    bait to start with then started throwing the spiners out

HookLineSinker
    Participant

Yeahnah

gunnercoops
    Participant

off to Waikawa bay this weekend…did you try Karaka point while you were up there, read mixed reports on this forum about it, wondered if you had any luck.

yellowfin
    Participant

No never got that far unfortunately .It was on my list of spots to try but we got busy doing as little as possible on that day :lol:

Fishy Bishy
    Participant

Excellent spot, easy to get to, deep water, plenty to look at for sightseeing etc, but, Seals take priority on real estate there occasionally…. :roll:
    Dropped a Snapper in the foul close in last time I fished Karaka. Suspended a Pilly under a float, set at about 15 to 18 ft deep.
    This also works round by the breakwater wall against the hill on the opposite side of the bay, by the marina.
    Cast among the moorings for Kings and Snaps (and Conger Eels!) Again about 15ft deep under a float works well. :wink:

gunnercoops
    Participant

great, thanks for that…got a week up there, so fingers crossed I can get into some fish..although I have been “told” it is a family holiday so family time may intrude on the fishing lol

yellowfin
    Participant

gunnercoops

mulletman
    Participant

i got back from picton a few days ago. never in m,y life have i caught so many spotties. caught a few good kahawai and some big blue cod out a jordie rocks a couple of crays as well

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.