how to catch salmon

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Gofish270
    Participant

Yes, well done pfe92nz. I got a 3 year monkey off my back on Friday.
    Were any other ones caught out in the sea that morning? The place seemed very quiet, only very few salmon caught before 11am, and even the kahawai were having a kip. Amazing weather, it was like the tropics.

yellowfin
    Participant

Gofish270: in the time I was there (6am to 11am Saturday) five salmon came ashore on the south side, but the largest was foul hooked and returned to the sea. A couple of barracouta as well, kahawai were only being caught in the gut.

yellowfin
    Participant

Good stuff pfe92nz on the catch. Time away from the river should recharge my enthusiasm, I can’t get to he mouth because I don’t have a 4wd so I go walking by the river. I should have walked around in the off season but oh well, getting to walk the access ways one by one, just need to find one with a good hole to fish

yellowfin
    Participant

Burkefish, do you know how mak rocks fishes in the evenings? back to work after my holiday and would like to still get a fish in.

burkefish
    Participant

depends on the tides, high to low and first of incoming are probably best. so you have about an 8 hour window.

Anonymous
    Inactive

window depend on the tide.. :grin:

burkefish
    Participant

in other words there is an 8hr period in which you have a good chance of catching a salmon.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.