Forum Shorebased fishing comp

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Miliwolf
    Participant

Have a look on the fishing.net.nz landbased forums, there was a thread on auckland beaches a few weeks back.

yellowfin
    Participant

Sounds like a good little comp, This year im mostly going to be focusing on catching moki around Bp. Ive got a nice new light Graphit Tica rod/shimano reel/braid setup that Ive set aside to buy in within the next couple weeks.

Havent been round in a while but then i havent been out fishing. Going to kaiks in a couple weeks so might give the wharf a crack for any old thing!

yellowfin
    Participant

yea ill hav a few free days over the next 5 and a half weeks so might go try get me a pike,carp,perch all those irish kinda species lol

Miliwolf
    Participant

Going for a moki fish thursday night.

High tide and full moon at dusk :grin:

Sea conditions could improve

edit: Wanted the light from the moon so did not go fishing due to the clouds.

yellowfin
    Participant

So far today I’ve caught a hapuka, blue nosed trevalla, marbled electric ray, blue shark, tope and thornback ray (well I have on my computer anyway so that’s zero points)

Miliwolf
    Participant

Playing a fishing game?

I caught a golden mermaid in a fishing game last year.

yellowfin
    Participant

Haha, no mermaids in this one, I’m playing Fish Sim 2. Unfortunately it’s so realistic that you have to wait ages for a bite just like real life, you’re better off having it running while you’re watching TV! The plus to it is that you can download extra gear, maps etc. Haven’t found any NZ maps yet, closest is East Tasmania coast and Sydney harbour. You’re much better off doing real fishing!

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.