Christmas / New Years Fishing plans!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

In between the drinking and eating whats everyones fishing plans for the festive season??

Im going up to the Kenaparu sounds from the 28th till the 4th Jan, So should be plenty of snapper, KY and hopfully kingfish caught!! :D

Miliwolf
    Participant

Kenepuru sounds is going to be a mad house over the summer break.

I would have to work so would be heading to all of my normal haunts. If the weather allows I am keen to have a serious fish in Port Underwood. I know that Kingfish are about off Separation point, and I reckon that the likes of Whangataura, Ophihi, Whangakoko, Ngakuta, Hakana and Kanae Bay look perfect for Snapper. But never heard of any being caught there :?

Still keen to give it a try, should be less crowded then the sounds proper.

yellowfin
    Participant

will be heading to karamea chasing the snapper i know are caught there in average numbers gurnard rig eles and the good sized school sharks i hear there. also a spot of floundering

elmo22
    Participant

will be going to mokihinui and go in the comp that they have there,been going for many years,hope to get snapper and big congers and string rays or anything that will win me a prize lol

yellowfin
    Participant

is that still going? i werent totally sure with the pub that ran it burning down awesome comp it is. may drive downthere for a day and see how gentle annie is looking for a fish for the day/night

elmo22
    Participant

the pub didnt burn down, they were doing it up and had a fire in the roof got a new roof out of it,its a bit flash for over there, no gum boots inside lol, the weigh in was up seddonville last year and again this year, if you do go look for a red hilux at gentel annine down by the cave that be me

yellowfin
    Participant

ohhhh i see. thats cool will look out for you if i head over there.. a rex hilux aye.. hmmmm sounds familar…… i remember going a few years ago and actually went out with 2 guys and their wife and they had a red hilux….. maybe not you of couse but it could be. just cant rememb the dudes name

elmo22
    Participant

yep well may of been us,my wifes a keen fisho also, she catches more than me beginneers luck (12 yrs) of it,but shes not going this year

yellowfin
    Participant

yea maybe we were in tents beside these people who from memory had a caravan but my old man ended up in hospital over there so i went out with them one night when the weather permitted. the sea was pretty rough that year

elmo22
    Participant

ok,well that was us,we remember know, will see you if you turn up.

yellowfin
    Participant

ohhh coool wow thats cool yea ill see what im up too aye. will depend on the weather etc so may see you one day/night

Disconnected
    Participant

I’m going to be based in Blenhiem from Boxing Day till the 2nd so will be heading out from there on a few fishing missions going to do French Pass, Titirangi, Kenepuru and try off Karaka Point.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Has anyone here been at Titirangi over the Xmas break before? How crazy is it out there?

Finally got around to doing the maths and I have a couple of long weekends :dude:

Friday 26- Sunday 28 free (3 days)

With three days of work in the middle

Jan 1 – Jan 4 free (4 days)

What to do, what to do :roll:

Yakkaman
    Participant

I know it’s not surfcasting but if anyone’s heading down Twizel way i’m happy to take them ut to catch trout and salmon pretty well guaranteed i will be in the Ruataniwha camp site ask for Doug the Moari bring a beer or bourby and your my friend

Nah just pm me or txt 0277262102 fishing is for for life work is something we have to doooooo.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Any chance on catching a trout with a surfcaster there?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.