Spammer list

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Fishy Bishy
    Participant

Here is the list of [b:2u9m7em8]spammers on the member list JUST from page 12, since March 15th 2010!!!![/b:2u9m7em8]

nanhaiguanyin

ghij260

rulaifozu

hijk841

lmno486

klmn608

tuvw179

vwxy243

nopq602

stuv810

abcd241

fuiluir003

isabella534

madeinchina

edhardy77

abcd569

gongfan95

ijkl799

abcd578

bcde766

yu229

ghij753

And remember folks, this is just in two months!!!

I thought this was a bloody fishing forum but I was wrong, so wrong.

It is simply a free billboard without active moderators where spammers of the world unite and suck up to innocent well-intentioned members for the benefit of their own business at the expense of others.

Others like Allan (Yellowfin) who at great expense, provide such a brilliant format for anglers to share views….about wedding dresses, watches, electronics etc etc etc like we bloody well need all that crap!!!

Come on members, PM the moderators and insist they clean this environment up coz the current format is bullshit!! :evil:

yellowfin
    Participant

the best soloution is just to ignore it?

Jacktrout
    Participant

If You ignore it they just keep spamming the board

Fishy Bishy
    Participant

sam.peterson

yellowfin
    Participant

Considering yellowfin hasn’t even replied to any of these threads things arn’t looking positive.

yellowfin
    Participant

its only a bit of shit that they comment evrynow and then. it not realy a big deal just dont read it if u dont like it. at least till someone does do something about it

yellowfin
    Participant

in sharktales defence he is away atm over in thailand and he has been trying to keep ontop of it a bit better than yellowfin. although there still is alot of spam.

yellowfin
    Participant

Yellowfin comes on here and reads but doesn’t even post to say anything even to let people know whats going on or even if he’s going to do anything about it.

There’s spam threads on here as I’m posting this.

Fishy Bishy
    Participant

…and there’s been a further influx of spammers join the member list.
    It would be all very fine if members like us, genuinely interested in fishing, could come on to this once brilliant forum, and not have to wade through endless streams of crap every day!!

Personally, I don’t give a fat rats bum if a moderator happens to be overseas, good on him, but at least keep the bloody house in order or summon more help from the several who have offered.
    There is no excuse for allowing a continual stream of spam advertising, especially when so many members care enough about this community to want it kept clean.
    I know many other forums that are crystal clear and spammers don’t even get a look in!!!

yellowfin
    Participant

And I have no excuses, If you want me gone im happy to step down, but the problem will always be there even if every ‘real’ member is a mod, things wont change unless Allen does something.. good luck Ive been asking for changes for 2 YEARS!!! and you don’t think im frustrated?

Fishy Bishy
    Participant

For the record, this morning I attended our own forum with the first of many daily “memberlist checks” and lo and behold a nasty from parts undisclosed had pushed its way in.
    I immediately banned the member (three clicks) then through the Admin Control Panel “administered” the member.

There is still no spam on our forum and this is only due to being a little diligent and selective about who or what in the case of OEM product peddlers, visit our FISHING forum.

You are right about the ball in Allan’s court, he owns this billboard and unless he eliminates the problem at source, it will continue and get worse and worse exponentially.
    This will become another Alibaba, a directory source for spammers the world over, unless they are made unwelcome!

I see there is a repetitive member registration on the forum today from “beads….and another unclever number suffix”.
    Wouldn’t have lasted 5 minutes on our bloody site which is there for the betterment of fishing and those who love to fish.

yellowfin
    Participant

Fishy Bishy

Fishy Bishy
    Participant

…..and another is added to this forum’s member list overnight…… what is it this time???
    Oh yes same as so many times before a sequence of alpha (bcde or something) followed by a few numerics.

Pretty stuffing obvious Allan, you are allowing the destruction of this forum through implosion mate.
    Do something about it, it is very simple to do and if you don’t want to be caretaker, ask someone who does care a damn to help!
    Maybe he thinks by allowing for all this shit to hit the boards, googlebots will find the forum more quickly and easier……but this is not a commercially viable site so……it works only so more spammers can find it.
    Ridiculous! :roll:

Fishy Bishy
    Participant

Oh great!
    We can now purchase totally off topic DVD’s on this site too!!!!

Now that has a bloody lot to do with fishing!

How obvious, newodvdo, funny how this prick has been let through the member registration too!!!

This isn’t a fishing forum at all as is fast becoming apparent…….. :roll:

yellowfin
    Participant

Allen was last active:

Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:33 pm

So he would have seen the 2 spamming threads, unsure why we hasnt said anything yet but it is obvious that the forum is losing memebers who contribute due to nothing being done, quite sad as this fishing forum does seem to have been the better of ones out there.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.