Preference of fishing line for mainline

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    HookLineSinker
    Participant

Hi guys & gals, Was wondering what others thoughts were on this subject of what brand and colour of line they prefer to use for fishing.

I ask as im looking at replacing my line thats been on the reels for a few seasons and is getting worn out. Beinteresting to hear others thoughts on this issue as we all have different ideas.

I prefer nylon or copolymer lines in the weight range of 20 to 25lb as its easy to use and tie knots with and handles big sharks ok, just looking to see/hear of others experiences with brands and stuff . At the moment im looking at the blackmagic supple or tough line, has anyone else had any experience with this stuff, if so is it considered any good?

Thanks for any replys they will be appreciated.

yellowfin
    Participant

hey im using braid on two of me reels fior surf fishing and one reel for just general fishing. and i find it too be great i have powerpro braid on in 50lb strength but its the diameter of 12lb mono. am considering getting 30lb braid which would be about 6lb diameter as well

Miliwolf
    Participant

I have found all of the top end nylon brands to be of good quality and give similar performance. I mainly use 20-25lb line because it stands up to the abrasion of the east coast beaches.

I typically avoid ‘black magic’ tackle mainly because they are a brand rather then a manufacturer, I have no idea who they get their hooks or line from and prefer to buy it from a manufacturer brand. In saying that, I have been using Black Magic flouro Leader material and I can not fault it.

My current line is Pioneer FLEXLINE (made by Sufix I believe), It was $25 for a 770m spool, so $12 per reel. My next line might be the ‘Sufix’ Surfcaster one.

yellowfin
    Participant

Don’t bother with that suffix surfcasting line it has a lot of memory once its been packed tight on your reel for a while it comes off in coils….

St_Paul
    Participant

Ultima make some pretty crash hot copolymer lines have one spool on my axeon spooled with it (the other is performance plus braid) good line and would recommend it as a mono. I use braid for the majority of my fishing now and don’t see myself going back to mono any time soon.

yellowfin
    Participant

yea i couldnt see myself really going back to mono either..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.