Plans for Easter?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

Just wondering if anyone is going anywhere for the Easter holidays. I suppose by then most the fishing will have died down around Canterbury. I’m most likely heading down to Invercargill for a few days to fish at the Bluff wharf etc. Might also stop off around Dunedin on the way back to fish for a bit. Hopefully there will be fish around.

St_Paul
    Participant

Will probably be at the airshow in blenheim and maybe getting a fish in If I’m lucky.

Yakkaman
    Participant

Heading to Twizel drop in if you want Zac, Salmon and trout on the menu.

Miliwolf
    Participant

The same thing I do ever Easter…. work :?

Trumpy
    Participant

When is Easter this year?
    It seems to change every year.

HookLineSinker
    Participant

Yip Grapes = Work at Christmas, and Work at Easter :razz:

Its earlyish april this year so the way harvest is shaping up it will be full on work.

yellowfin
    Participant

Going to aussie will go fishing in the estuary near the folks house in qld and then a surfcasting and distance casting sessions in Melbourne :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

fishsnatcher
    Participant

I’ll be heading up to Wanaka doing a bit of fishing on the Lake itself, the clutha, and a few other rivers.
    My mate who I’m going with is a novice fisherman with a rod and a few lures, so it would be nice if he could catch a few fish too, as long as he doesn’t catch more than me :grin:

Edit: Turns out theres been a change of plan and we are now doing a tramp on the banks of the Mararoa nearing the Mavora lakes, we will be staying near Gore for a day aswell so we might give the Mataura a go.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Managed to get time off at Easter :)

At this stage I plan to go to titarangi for a few nights, might spend thursday night at one of the campgrounds in the Kenepuru, allowing for a evening and morning fish. Then head over to titirangi early friday morning. Would head home saturday or sunday. Might climb mt stockes on the way home.

Plan to Kayak fish during the day, and surfcast dusk and dawn. Would hopefully add a few more gurnards and snapper to my tally.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.